Tanning salon owner (Musclehead 320) gets prison in steroid ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning salon owner (Musclehead 320) gets prison in steroid ring

BEVERLY — A man who used a Beverly tanning salon as a front for a multi-million-dollar counterfeit steroid ring was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison.

Tyler Bauman of Shrewsbury, who went by the online name "musclehead320," laundered proceeds from the steroid sales through Wicked Tan LLC, a tanning salon in Beverly, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston. Wicked Tan is located at 138 Dodge St.

Bauman, 32, pleaded guilty in August to conspiracy to distribute counterfeit testosterone and other steroid compounds, conspiracy to traffic in counterfeit drugs, and conspiracy to launder money, among other charges.

Authorities said Bauman and his co-conspirators manufactured steroid products made from raw materials that they purchased overseas and marketed with fake "Onyx" labels. Onyx is a legitimate pharmaceutical company that does not manufacture steroids, authorities said.

Bauman marketed the injectable steroids through social media, where he had a "robust" following under the moniker "musclehead320," according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

Bauman directed other members of the conspiracy to ship steroids using the U.S. Postal Service and to pick up payments at multiple locations using false identifications in an attempt to avoid suspicion, authorities said.

He and a co-conspirator owned and operated Wicked Tan specifically to launder the proceeds of the steroid operation, according to authorities.

Bauman was sentenced to 10 years in prison by U.S. Senior District Court Judge Douglas Woodlock, followed by three years of supervised release.

One of Bauman's co-conspirators, Kathryn Green, 29, was sentenced on Friday to one year and one day in prison and three years of supervised release. Green's main role was to pay another member of the conspiracy to ship steroids and collect payments, according to authorities.

Authorities described Bauman and Green as a "Shrewsbury couple."

Officials from the U.S. Attorney's Office, Homeland Security, U.S. Postal Inspection Service, and the Food and Drug Administration Office of Criminal Investigations announced the sentencing. The case was prosecuted by U.S. Attorney Andrew Lelling's cybercrime unit.

Dudes been in jail for like 2 years now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Comment

he was just sentenced a few months ago.

Tanning salon owner gets prison in steroid ring | Local News | salemnews.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
        So he in jail for 2 years now and just got sentenced?

Comment

he was arrested in 2017 held and sentenced a few months ago from what i understand.

Comment

Damn he got lucky only getting 10 years.

Comment

Yea he waa arrested in aug 2017.. thought 2 years lol

Comment

Also. He still post Instagram from jail

Comment

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
                  Also. He still post Instagram from jail

How's that work? He allowed his phone in prison??

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                    How's that work? He allowed his phone in prison??

Sent from my Moto G6 using Tapatalk
                    Idk. My cousin had one in prison. I beat they can get gear too

Comment

That's bostin Loyd's boy that was with him during the infamous bicep injection video.

Comment

Some prisons allow phones, it is .mostly federal prisons.

If he is posting on IG, I'm sure it's a contraband phone.

Comment

:thumup:
                          Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                          That's bostin Loyd's boy that was with him during the infamous bicep injection video.
                          :clapback:

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                            oh shit. didnt realize.

Comment

This guys old news bro

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X