What happens to a USPS parcel when?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to a USPS parcel when?

When it is refused and has no good return addy on it?

DROID
    Last edited by droid; 01-09-04, 12:44 PM.

I would assume that when they figure out its a bad address either they would dump it, or check it for contraband and hand it to the authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR3
      Its just tossed away with millions of others...I've know packages to get scanned by UPS and stopped for having AAS IN THEM but the other end that was a correct address was never even contacted ....
      I AGREE 100 PERCENT WITH INTIM3.... GENERAL STALKER

Comment

Probally thrown since no where to send back too, FACT: ONLY with USPS, they cannot open your package without 1st obtaining a search warrant, this is under your constitutional rights, and ONLY USPS being a GOV organization, bet NO ONE knew that ha!!!

Comment

I once had a box opened by canada customs, everthing was taken out and they sent me the damn empty box. Bunch of a-holes

Murtle

Comment

at least they have a sense of humor:-P

Comment

Originally posted by Daddycoop
              Probally thrown since no where to send back too, FACT: ONLY with USPS, they cannot open your package without 1st obtaining a search warrant, this is under your constitutional rights, and ONLY USPS being a GOV organization, bet NO ONE knew that ha!!!
              But it only takes a second for them to get the warrent. you barely have any protection when it comes to mail.

Comment

No I think it is the 4th admendment search and seizure, plus they have to have propable cause 1st, and you have to be notified, I hardly doubt they would do this for a small anything other than if it was ticking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                They just so say toss it, maybe it anothers hand, but to us tossed..........

Comment

yes they will notify when they kick your door in 5 minutes after you sign for something....use fedex ...ups is contracted by usps to fly shipments,therefore they are subject to more stringent security. USE FEDEX....hypothetically speaking of course

Comment

Originally posted by Murtle
                    I once had a box opened by canada customs, everthing was taken out and they sent me the damn empty box. Bunch of a-holes

Murtle
                    :rofl: Crazy Canadians......

I'm easily amused

Comment

I called usps today and gave them the scenario and they said it will go to the dead letters department and if not claimed in a certain time it will be auctioned off at a public auction. Kind of crazy?

DROID
                      Last edited by droid; 01-09-04, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X