International shipments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International shipments

Hey boyz, I'm kinda' new at this so let me know if my question is OK for this board.

I want to know what courier services guys use for international shipments into north america. Basically what I'm trying to say is what seems to be the best way to get stuff in. I hear UPS and Fedx are very strict and check alot of packages, so it's very hard to get "candy" into the country.

TNT, DHL, and Airborne are the main ones I've seen.. Those, and international USPS.. :)

Comment

Also lots of people will use EMS...

Comment

Hey Jyzza, do you know anyone who has used EMS? Cuz' my source told me about that one but I wanna know first hand how good it is. How fast how reliable, and is it easier to get into Canada. Thanx

Comment

If your talking about freight between canada and u.s. I would use Dhl and outside I would recommend Postal. When shipping between U.S. and canada there are a few secrets you should keep in mind, I know this, because thats what I do for a living. Going into U.S. should always be kept under $200.00 USD depending on what the goods are, so it can be cleared under Section 321. Better and faster. Going into Canada is $20.00 Cad. Low value clearance. As well if you are using Ex. DHL Make the shipments look like documents. And it should clear no prob. If you have an specific questions PM me.

Murtle

Comment

about Canada I'm not sure.....but most bigger Int sources use EMS w/ no problems to my knowledge.....but it also depends where you are in US for that part....

Comment

USPS they have too much traffic to check even 1/20 of it.

Comment

I though almost all packages are scanned when using usps

Comment

it wont show on a scanner if its packaged correctly.

Comment

Are you saying that anything other than USPS doesn't get scanned? What does customs look for when a package comes through? and at what point will they open it? I hear that private comapnies like UPS, and Fed x have thier own agents and they are very strict(they open alot of packages).

What are some ways of getting past them.......Could you elaborate on being "packaged correctly", if that question valid for this board.........let me know if I cross any lines with my questions.

Comment

I was in South America just about month ago. Every carrier made you leave your boxes and envelopes open, so that customs could inspect them. They also inspected boxes personally themselves prior to customs checking them. Even their postal services checked everything but letters. This happened to me in 2 diff countries down there. They really rained on my parade.

Comment

Working...
                      X