Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AAS dosing and the importance of blood work lets quit misleading each other!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AAS dosing and the importance of blood work lets quit misleading each other!!

I have been using AAS since 1991 and at that time the best info we had was the Anabolic Reference Guide and gym vets. It had many cycles in it of which the pyramid was the most popular. I started a very skinny and genetically disposed at 5' 10.5'and 165 lbs. My first cycle was Lyphomed Deca and Upjohn Cypinate. It was an 8 week cycle that started with .5 ml of both per week and increased .5 ml both per week until the 4th week and then back down at .5 ml less each week. I went to 185 lbs off this one and continued to cycle in this fashion for about 3 years. In this time I got to 270 pounds using those two compounds and Sustonon only, still never upping dosages. Technology and experience has shown us that the pyramid is not the most optimal way to cycle and back then PCT was nonexistent. I then took a three year layoff to get my career in order at which time when I came back the internet was now a wealth of NEW information. I started training again and reading the latest in cycling info saying how 500mg of test with other compounds should be the least dose for a beginner. Knowing all along that not going over 800mg a week total AAS that I had made incredible gains. My first cycle back was 800mg of Cypinate with 400mg of Deca per week for 10 weeks. The gains were not head and shoulders above the gains I experienced with 400mg less total AAS I was doing before. I had been and still read that the gains are so much more with 1 gram of test plus per week and the sides are not that much more. This is true for the physical side effects IE.edema, gyno, acne and hairloss of which now could be controlled with and anti-estrogens and other ancillaries. Then after two years of this type of dosing with 8-10 week cycles and 8-10 weeks in between I had blood done and it came back horrendous. I have been off for over 6 months and my blood is still not in normal ranges. This brings me to the point of this thread that the sides are much worse with higher doses and that the gains do not really out weigh the sides. The sides being in the values of blood work and the amount of time HPTA actually takes to recover from these "mega" dosed cycles that are currently recommended all over the net. We are now seeing a good trend where a lot more bros are getting blood work 8-10 weeks post cycle that have used proper PCT and still having shitty values IE lipids, RBC, AST, ALT, total test etc. Fact being that for most of us average AAS users the old time on = time off just does not cut it. There are the "VETS" and "the people in the know" that are held in such high regard that post blood work after being on for several months to years continuously, posting "I had blood done and everything was perfect". When in reality the majority of these vets if you see their pictures are more than genetically gifted and most times we only hear of the few lucky people who this actually happens to. Now the average AAS user and board member says well if he can do it so can I. How many posts do we see daily asking I just finished my cycle when am I ready for another and the advice is "8-10 weeks after with proper PCT and you should be good to go" this is bullshit advice based on nothing. The average AAS user comprises 98% of the people on the boards and they are justifying starting another cycle without blood work thinking that 8-10 weeks after a fairly heavy cycle that they are ready for another one based on the vets and others OPINIONS. Blood work invaluable to the AAS user and it is reckless not having it done. Everyone bitches on how much it costs or I cannot get my doc to do it when in fact this our health we are talking about and if you cannot afford the blood work you should not be doing AAS. Now you are putting a price on health and IMOP there is no price high enough not to check your blood when putting AAS into your body! It should be as much a staple as PCT is and fall within the saying "do not start your cycle until you have everything you need" and we need blood work.

DROID
    Last edited by droid; 01-12-04, 05:33 PM.

excellent
    read

Comment

very well put

Comment

I get a kick out of guys who will drop $600+ on a cycle without even a thought, but a couple hundred to go to the Doc is out of the question.

Comment

good post.

Comment

great post,right on the money

Comment

damn good post !!!!!!! I LIKE THESE kind of post because everyone needs to see both sides of the fence..

Comment

Good post bro. But i'm curious what levels where off in your blood test.

Comment

damn bro, that was hard to read, next time please break it into paragraphs...jk
                  I'm one of those guys that dose pretty long and high dosed cycles, and my blood work always comes back in the normal range. I dont think it has anything with good genetics, which I dont have, in my case bodybuilding is all I do, dont ever drink, smoke, etc, so my body can take a lot

Comment

Originally posted by smalls
                    Good post bro. But i'm curious what levels where off in your blood test.
                    Every value in my CBC is out. My test was below normal still 14 weeks off with proper PCT. My cholesterol is still very out and my tryglycerides are sky high. I can post the exact values of everything that was and is still off if you like. All the values that are off we would expect to see from an AAS user. My basic point of this thread is to wait until things are really back to normal by blood work. When I would get blood 8 weeks post cycle it would be elevated not sky high in most cases but elevated. I would think if it is just over normal now then in 2-4 weeks 2.5-3 months after the the last 8 weeker I should be good to go. That was not the case and I should have had another round of blood to veryify everything was back, but in my mind wanting to get back on and justifying it by asking others what they thought and them telling oh yea you SHOULD be way good to go 2.5-3 months after an 8 week cycle. I did this for two years and everytime compounded the semi shitty results that got just a little shittier each time and now I am where I am at today trying to clean up. I recently had a major gym accident totally rupturing my pec and a total rupture of my quadriceps tendon so I have no need to be on gear other than my TRT. Myself and the others advice was more than likely drawn from the above posted saying and STEROID MYTH "time on=time off".

DROID

Comment

Good post bro, but I do believe a lot has to do with genetics to begin with as far as how you recover.

I remember those good old Lyphomed days... orange cap and green cap.. good medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX IT
                        Good post bro, but I do believe a lot has to do with genetics to begin with as far as how you recover.

As does every other aspect of BB and AAS use. Blood work is the tell all to what type of genetics one has and there affinity for AAS. Allowing them to tailor cycles and anncilaries to try and fill the voids genetics has dealt us. Just trying to get everyone to use one of the many and most important tools in our arsenal to help keep us healthy. Thanks for responding.

DROID

Comment

Good Reality check!

Comment

it is a fact that many claim that they've always bloodwork done but actually never do. everyone his own risk but i agree with droid that, if you serious about proper use and benefit of AAS, it should be part of every cycle resp. pc.

good post, droid

Comment

good post droid. later...c

Comment

Working...
                              X