A protective use of slin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A protective use of slin?

If it is true that all those dextrose enhanced creatine supplements like Cell Tech and Phosphagen HP put a great stress on pancreas wouldn't it be good to add 1-2 units of insulin to relieve the load? How dangerous would it be at that dose? And wouldn't it be beneficial also for what matters growth?

I have been preaching this for a year now, but one still wants to cycle insulin.

Comment

So you agree that one or two units with thos products ctually protect you from future diabetes?

Comment

I would not agree with that right off the bat without more empirical data. . .myself I will stick with doing short 3-4 week courses of slin with equal amounts of time off. . .also, a few of the well known gurus are great proponents of just taking 2 days per week of the slin. . . 1-2 units though does not sound like anything you are going to crash your system with.

Comment

you csan safely do 1-2 iu of slin with a dextrose drink with no complications normally unless you are an insulin sensitive freak.

Comment

heh..slin just seems scarier to me...it aint like im gonna go hypoglycemic when jabin b12 or gear

Comment

I bought a humalog vial. Tommorrow or next week i will go for a blood sugar reading machine and start testing. If i have the machine i will be able to learn from the "curves" of blood sugar. I will just have to pin my fingers quite a bit. I am no gym rat but i am a lab rat for sure :p

Comment

Interesting idea. Just be careful.

Comment

I will start by watching my PW glucose curvers normaly and with the consumption of varius quantities of sugars. Then after i "see" when the spike comes i will start experimenting with some slin to see how the spike changes. I think it will be a nice research field and that by monitoring me that well that i will not have any problems by it.

Comment

As with any experiment, try to be consistant with your monitering. IOW, do it at the same time each day if possible and having done very little differently from the previous test. That way you can isolate and assume that any differencs found must be due to your sugar & slin treatment. Another good tool to use is Excell. Graphing trends is what Excell is all about. That way you can find a baseline norm and see visualy how your treatment goes. That will help you keep up with large amounts of data and enable you to make better guesses at how future treatments will effect you. If you need help with Excell I'd be glad to assist you. I'm always game for serious research.

Comment

Working...
                    X