O/T Western Union

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T Western Union

Has anyone ever had to show ID when using WU? I just had to and it seemed odd.

How much "coin" were you transferring?

If the wire transfer is $999.99 and less, no ID required! THis is just my experience....they might have changed it within the last month......so get back to me on this, bro.

Comment

Yeah, it says that on the transfer form. It was only for $60. The lady at WU said it was prob flaged due to sending 2 international transfers in 2 days. I sent a different one out yesterday. Should I be concerned?

Comment

I did.

Better use WU to send money to an electronic coinage system IMO.

Comment

I don't quite understand what you mean? You sent 2 transfers to the same name within 2 days?
          I sent 2 transfers to the same name in the same day using
          2 differnet "sender names" w/ no problems. I don't thnk you need to worry bro.

Comment

I mean i had to show an id

Comment

Originally posted by GATOR
              I don't quite understand what you mean? You sent 2 transfers to the same name within 2 days?
              I sent 2 transfers to the same name in the same day using
              2 differnet "sender names" w/ no problems. I don't thnk you need to worry bro.
              The two transfers were to two completly different places and people. I did use the same sender name though, my own.

So you had to show ID Growing Doc? You guys are in a different country. Things are different in the US.

Comment

There is nothing illegal about sending money to anyone!

Comment

Yeah I know. I guess I should just chill.

Comment

I'm gathering from other boards that WU is sterting to card if transfering to the East...far East. That would explain my situation.

Comment

My question is....... does it matter if they card? Can you get in trouble for sending money to someone in the far east.....cuz' that's all it is, a name that you send money to? Buzz me back on this.

Comment

It just seemed odd to me. That's all. I tried to email you Gator but you have no addy in your profile. PM's aren't secure. I use cyber rights.

Comment

Sorry bro.....I clicked my e-mail addy so now its on. Than xfor gettin' back to me.

Comment

OK lets take this to e mail now.

Comment

i got a friend working for wu so ill post her reply later

Comment

Working...
                              X