D.yates training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.yates training

Im a big fan of DY and of other ppl;s training methods. and i like to change my routines up every so often..just wanted to know what u guys thought of Dorian Yates traing style..if u dont know its somthin like this..he does very few sets for each exercise.he builds up to one intence max set for like 6to 10 reps usually the last couple are forced...so just an ex..incline bench warm up 135..second warm up.225..max w/force reps 315.

I like his methods...I train somewhat similar but not the same as him.

I'm a high intensity guy...less volume.

Comment

Big will, if u can say what are some of the things u do that is different

Comment

I do a little more volume than he does...

I warm up progressively and then hit 2-3 high intensity working sets.

Here's how many working sets I do per bodypart per workout ON AVERAGE:

chest: 8
        back: 10
        quads: 6
        hams: 6
        (my legs respond well)
        calves: 4 (twice/wk)
        bis: 8
        tris: 8
        delts: 8
        traps: 3
        forearms: 3
        abs: 6 (twice/wk)

Comment

ive used yates theory for 8yrs.Before i knew it was his theory.maybe i couldve been bigger but def. not stronger

Comment

i like to use a similar style while bulking, but i just can't keep that intensity year round. my joints start aching...

Comment

i like his style of training, i do very few sets of low rep very high weight, it's the style of training i've found that has worked the best for me over the years

Comment

If i was a power lifter i would always use this way of training...i got pretty damn strong off it....but as a bodybuilder i think there is better ways to train....we are all different tho so we need to find what works best for us...not Dorian or anyone else!!

Comment

shot's exactly right, everyone has to find a way that works for them, just because that method worked for yates dont mean it'll work for you

Comment

Originally posted by SHOT
                    If i was a power lifter i would always use this way of training...i got pretty damn strong off it....but as a bodybuilder i think there is better ways to train....we are all different tho so we need to find what works best for us...not Dorian or anyone else!!
                    WERD.

Comment

Working...
                    X