The Bouncer *WARNING*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bouncer *WARNING*

hey bouncer, dude i got an email that said its from you, [email protected] and in the subject field it says "Hello" i am assumeing that this is not from you and is a virus because as of yesterday a whole lot of people in the bay area got hit with a virus that comes from people they know, co-workers etc. and the subject line reads "Hello".

in case anyone doesnt know about the latest virus going around, there is a virus going around and it can apear to come from someone you know and the subject line almost always reads "Hello" and it comes with an attatchment.

just looking out for everyone, and bouncer if you did in fact send me an email i apologize for wasteing board space and let me know so i read it instead of deleting it.

oh! and ironicaly (spelling) they are calling the virus "mydoom" hmmmmm are you mods up to something here? lol.

Comment

Yup... got 5 or 6 of those yesterday... norton caught them all.

Dont open any attachments until you've confirmed with the sender and he/she's resent it...

Comment

Here is some info from McAfee's website:

Virus Characteristics

This is a mass-mailing and peer-to-peer file-sharing worm that bears the following characteristics:

contains its own SMTP engine to construct outgoing messages
        contains a backdoor component (see below)
        contains a Denial of Service payload
        The virus arrives in an email message as follows:

Do not assume that the sender address is an indication that the sender is infected. Additionally you may receive alert messages from a mail server that you are infected, which may not be the case.

Subject: (Varies, such as)

Error
        Status
        Server Report
        Mail Transaction Failed
        Mail Delivery System
        hello
        hi
        Body: (Varies, such as)

The message cannot be represented in 7-bit ASCII encoding and has been sent as a binary attachment.
        The message contains Unicode characters and has been sent as a binary attachment.
        Mail transaction failed. Partial message is available.
        Attachment: (varies [.bat, .exe, .pif, .cmd, .scr] - often arrives in a ZIP archive) (22,528 bytes)

examples (common names, but can be random)
        doc.bat
        document.zip
        message.zip
        readme.zip
        text.pif
        hello.cmd
        body.scr
        test.htm.pif
        data.txt.exe
        file.scr

Comment

I knew it!! :mad:

I had like 9 of those emails lastnight, and another 7 of them today.. glad I got anti-virus programs on here.. :)

Comment

hmm.. didnt get any yet, but ill be on the look out

Comment

just got one

Comment

i got alot myself in the last few dayz

Comment

This fucking Virus has had me working non stop for the last few days. I've put in 30+ hours since Monday morning. I actually had a bridge call on speaker phone with I was working out last night.

Hacker assholes!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

what happens if you open one accidentally :(

Comment

ohhh hell... i opened 2 that said hello....

Comment

YEP GOT 4 TODAY
                        Attached Files

Comment

the messed up thing about the virus is it says that its from someone you know so naturally you think its ok to open it.

at my company it just kept going in circles from employee to employee and it kept saying it was from another employee of my company.

Comment

ya, virus has been going around for months. i get email from all kinds of members. just delete them.

Comment

I get 30 or better a day, anything with an attachment, and a domain you dont know, just delete

as long as you dont open it, it isnt going to affect the puter

Comment

Working...
                              X