Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally got my blood pressure where I want it..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my blood pressure where I want it..

Never had any sort of blood pressure issues until I started running deca. Well after months of fighting to keep my BP in a healthy range I decided to dump the deca. My last shot was 3 months ago and finally I'm back into the healthy range. I was averaging something like 150/90 at certain points in the day on that shit. It's only deca though. Test doesn't effect my BP. Anyway, if your on deca, watch yourself.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Yeah, 150/90 is nuts. Too high. I'm glad you took care of it. High BP is bad news and too many people ignore it. It can cause real long-term damage.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
      Yeah, 150/90 is nuts. Too high. I'm glad you took care of it. High BP is bad news and too many people ignore it. It can cause real long-term damage.
      was feeling like shit. winded just carrying some groceries up a set of stairs. said fuck this time to make some changes.

Comment

Speaking of heart healthy. I recently upgraded my fish oil. I've always taken a standard fish oil product like Costco brand etc.. but the actual beneficial fatty acids (EPA and DHA) in those are pretty low. This new one I got is about 3 times as potent.

Comment

Update. Blood pressure is still good. I've been able to lower my normal heart rate from an average throughout the day in the 80's - 90's to an average throughout the day in the 60's.. not too bad for an abuser. :D

Comment

Other than dropping the deca did you do anything else? I know for me I need to stay vigilant with blood donations when I am on, I even have a script now to go to a phlebotomist as needed because the red cross time line of 8wks wasn't close enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacker View Post
              Other than dropping the deca did you do anything else? I know for me I need to stay vigilant with blood donations when I am on, I even have a script now to go to a phlebotomist as needed because the red cross time line of 8wks wasn't close enough.
              hydration. the amount of water steroid users need is underestimated. you need more than you think. fish oil. keeps the blood less "sticky". clean diet. all i eat is chicken, hummus, avacado, oats, fruit, and veggies.

Comment

have you guys ever had a heart scan, calcium score or any type of heart check up?

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post
                  have you guys ever had a heart scan, calcium score or any type of heart check up?
                  No. Can't tell if your saying everyone should or if your just asking a general question. That's not a common thing in the US unless you have some sort of issue.

Comment

Hey B,

Good to hear you got your BP where you want it! I'm just getting back to training and want to watch my BP as well. Where did you get yours? Do you like the performance/accuracy? How much?

Thanks Bro!!

Comment

Originally posted by convictmuscle View Post
                      Hey B,

Good to hear you got your BP where you want it! I'm just getting back to training and want to watch my BP as well. Where did you get yours? Do you like the performance/accuracy? How much?

Thanks Bro!!
                      CVS bro. It was like $65 I think. They have a range of cheaper models and a few more expensive ones. I figured the mid range model was the best bet for all around use.

Very accurate. I like to test a few times on both arms a few times a week. Your blood pressure changes throughout the day so it's always interesting to see how it changes along with heart rate throughout the day. It also has an irregular heart beat monitor to tell you if there is any issue there.

Crazy to see how just mental stress can spike your BP and heart rate. On days i'm totally relaxed and at ease my readings are totally healthy. But if there is some stressful event my numbers shoot right up. Crazy that nothing more than thoughts can have such a physical result.

Comment

Thanks B!

What about cuff size? Did you need to order a larger size to accommodate your arm? Will it handle 18 - 19"?

Very excited to see the results and track it.......

Comment

Originally posted by convictmuscle View Post
                          Thanks B!

What about cuff size? Did you need to order a larger size to accommodate your arm? Will it handle 18 - 19"?

Very excited to see the results and track it.......
                          Nah, the standard size has a huge Velcro thing that will work on a little kid or on a 600lb woman with 40 inch arms. They make these things for all walks of life lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                            No. Can't tell if your saying everyone should or if your just asking a general question. That's not a common thing in the US unless you have some sort of issue.

I was asking..

May not be a common thing bro but anyone with half a brain should get it done, especially if you have been using gear for 20 years. Also consider heart disease is the leading cause of death in the states. 650,000 people die every year alone in the states.
                            Heart health should be something to consider for all long term gear users.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                              Never had any sort of blood pressure issues until I started running deca. Well after months of fighting to keep my BP in a healthy range I decided to dump the deca. My last shot was 3 months ago and finally I'm back into the healthy range. I was averaging something like 150/90 at certain points in the day on that shit. It's only deca though. Test doesn't effect my BP. Anyway, if your on deca, watch yourself.

Excellent numbers Bouncer. BP is something that goes neglected that can do some real damage to your body including death. Some people don't have any symptoms while others will feel horrible when its out of range. Get a monitor and check it daily. Don't settle with just ok numbers. Do what BOUNCER did and get proactive about getting it under control.

Comment

Working...
                              X