Italian bodybuilder Daniele Pozzi found dead in hotel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Italian bodybuilder Daniele Pozzi found dead in hotel

Daniele Pozzi was found dead just hours after competing at the 2019 Yamamoto Cup Pro League Qualifier.

Italian bodybuilder found dead in hotel.

Shocking news coming from Padova Italy as reported by the local press, Padovaoggi.it.

23 year old bodybuilder, Daniele Pozzi was found dead by his partner in early hours of the morning a day after the 2019 Yamamoto Cup Pro League Qualifier that took place on 22 September 2019.

Daniele had just won four medals at the show and was a local fan favorite.

The bodybuilding scene in Italy are shocked by the news of the sudden death of Daniele. Messages are flooding his personal Facebook page with fans offering their condolences and leaving messages of respect.

Daniele was a popular bodybuilder in his hometown of Varese Italy.

The cause of death is still not known and the police confirmed no signs of violence were found.

Response from his coach:

Daniele’s coach, Matteo Martinez spoke to the local media and explained what he thought could have possibly lead to the death of his client, Daniele Pozzi.

Speaking to Il Matteo de Padova, Matteo Martinez said that Daniele was one of his new clients. In the four weeks they worked together, Martinez said that he tried to correct some of the bad methods in regarding contest prep that Daniele had.

When asked by Il Matteo de Padova if the cause of death could be due to the use of some sort of substances, Matteo said “He was on zero carbs for a long time and he took substances that can be detrimental to his heart, yes in short, various products.”

Matteo continued “I can only say that I was trying to find the right way to correct Daniele’s ways, to train him in a new way and break the bad habits from his past. I was warned to be careful with him.”

I'm hearing that this could be from an error made while using diuretics.

Comment

Everyone who competes at a high level, including myself, know you are taking a chance both with you current and future health. Bodybuilding is not done in order to become healthier, it a competitive sport, one in which guys will do extreme things to say, make weight or loose some water. There is no reason to die from diuretics, if he did he was totally irresponsible using them. Even if using Lasix, the strongest and most dangerous there are so many things you can do to reverse the effects of before death occurs. Personally I found a potassium sparing diuretic such as Aldactone started 7 days out one dyazide night before and if you need it one in morning and that it. Biggest mistake is to take these powerful diuretics and discontinue drinking. I'd have to write alot to explain so I'll leave that till later.

Comment

Working...
      X