Blood Banks in Germany.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood Banks in Germany.

I went this morning to donate some blood or at least get a pheltomny because my Hemaglobin/Hematocrit are out of range and I feel like mud 50% of the time.
    Brought all my labs and the doc tells me I can not donate because I'm an American with basic german knowledge lol. Even tho the questionnaire is also in english. Also asked me why my HCT are so high. Told her I stick the needle in my butt.
    Told me i need to go to my doc and get a referral for phlebotomy or they like to say in German aderlass.
    Aight bet. Went to one of my docs near by (not the same one that did the last blood work), but they said he needs to do a panel to give me a referral. I already made an appointment for tuesday to do a full blood panel, but for fuck sakes I just got bloods done 2 weeks ago and I got a hemaglobin home kit.
    Said fuck it drove 30 mins to the other doc and got a referral.
    FFS they make it so difficult.
    Can't wait for the day I leave this country.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Originally posted by boricuarage79 View Post
    I went this morning to donate some blood or at least get a pheltomny because my Hemaglobin/Hematocrit are out of range and I feel like mud 50% of the time.
    Brought all my labs and the doc tells me I can not donate because I'm an American with basic german knowledge lol. Even tho the questionnaire is also in english. Also asked me why my HCT are so high. Told her I stick the needle in my butt.
    Told me i need to go to my doc and get a referral for phlebotomy or they like to say in German aderlass.
    Aight bet. Went to one of my docs near by (not the same one that did the last blood work), but they said he needs to do a panel to give me a referral. I already made an appointment for tuesday to do a full blood panel, but for fuck sakes I just got bloods done 2 weeks ago and I got a hemaglobin home kit.
    Said fuck it drove 30 mins to the other doc and got a referral.
    FFS they make it so difficult.
    Can't wait for the day I leave this country.

why would you tell the doc you inject? that's what did it. you can't donate here either if they know you are a user. there is a question here that asks if you use needles or hormone therapy and if you say yes they deny you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

why would you tell the doc you inject? that's what did it. you can't donate here either if they know you are a user. there is a question here that asks if you use needles or hormone therapy and if you say yes they deny you.
      No that didn't do it. She said my German knowledge is limited plus I had lyme disease years ago. Regardless I'm getting it out tomorrow morning. They would of done it when I gave them the referral but I had shit to do.
      Plus getting a referral is much faster than just sitting there asking a bunch of questions, watching a video etc..
      Doctors think testosterone is so taboo here smh

Comment

Before 18.0 after 16.6 Hemaglobin. Took 5 mins to take out 500mils blood. Blood pressure went down from 132 to 90 when I was declined. Prolly would of faint if I got up. 10 mins later it was 125.
        They gave me coke, only drank a little bit. Can't stand soft drinks.

Comment

I hope everything goes well, in Europe the rules of donations are different. In Spain, which is where I am, you can donate without any problem. Blood is always welcome.

Comment

Working...
          X