No gyms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No gyms

I pretty much accepted the fact that I just spent ton of time to get back the condition I was in my late twenties 4 no reason LOL. My plan was to do the Masters Nationals in 2021 as a middleweight. Old friend of mine saw me right before they close the gyms and he couldn't believe what I look like he's like you look better than I've seen you since you were 27 years old. He told me I had to do that contest I said you give me a place to train and make sure the contest is going to take place and I'll do it LOL okay.

Everything was going perfect totally perfect my diet was right on point my training was right on point drugs are right on point and I knew I looked pretty ridiculous. I can't tell looking at myself. But I had seen some pictures I couldn't believe. I'll try to dig up one I think I have one I was out with my girlfriend right before Christmas.. I was quite surprised when I saw it. Thing is I never did growth hormone ever and I was able to place in 4 National level contest in my life when my class in 12 fairly big contest including the state championships the southern USA. This time I had 20 week out of growth hormone set out to start in July. I was going to run it for an entire year straight to the contest when I was thinking was I would probably end up a light heavyweight not a middleweight.

Once they close the gyms I discontinued everything other than 400 test a week. Until this passes. Meantime trying to eat as well as I can get as much protein in as I can I'm training as much as I can which is not that much I have a bench I mean I have 30 lb dumbbells and 35 lb dumbbells so how much could I possibly do you'd be surprised though you could do a good amount of upper body not like what you can do in a gym of course but enough probably to keep you adequate.

The real reason that I brought this up was I was wondering how everybody else is dealing with this? I mean just not being able to go to the gym and if you're stopped everything you're using or if you didn't how you altered things, what do you think the best way to keep the muscle is during this. I just thought I could pick up some ideas or we can throw some ideas around with each other.

Also what you're doing at home things like that what you're eating anyway hopefully this passes quickly and good luck to everybody. I know I was depressed as hell for 10 days man just came out of it so I know once I started working out just a little bit by myself even doing something helped a lot so don't sit around and do nothing.
    Last edited by Scrumhalf; 03-28-20, 09:43 PM. Reason: Split the text into paragraphs. Original was just a wall of words lol...

I'm not competing or doing the kind of prep you are doing, so I feel for you and how this is interrupting your training and progress.

For me, I am just doing bodyweight traing. Pushups, crunches, dips, etc. Also watching what I eat so that I don't go completely out of shape. I accept that my conditioning is going to decline, there's no way around it, but hopefully not too bad and I can pick things up when this is over.

Comment

Originally posted by pgc640 View Post
      I pretty much accepted the fact that I just spent ton of time to get back the condition I was in my late twenties 4 no reason LOL. My plan was to do the Masters Nationals in 2021 as a middleweight. Old friend of mine saw me right before they close the gyms and he couldn't believe what I look like he's like you look better than I've seen you since you were 27 years old. He told me I had to do that contest I said you give me a place to train and make sure the contest is going to take place and I'll do it LOL okay.

Everything was going perfect totally perfect my diet was right on point my training was right on point drugs are right on point and I knew I looked pretty ridiculous. I can't tell looking at myself. But I had seen some pictures I couldn't believe. I'll try to dig up one I think I have one I was out with my girlfriend right before Christmas.. I was quite surprised when I saw it. Thing is I never did growth hormone ever and I was able to place in 4 National level contest in my life when my class in 12 fairly big contest including the state championships the southern USA. This time I had 20 week out of growth hormone set out to start in July. I was going to run it for an entire year straight to the contest when I was thinking was I would probably end up a light heavyweight not a middleweight.

Once they close the gyms I discontinued everything other than 400 test a week. Until this passes. Meantime trying to eat as well as I can get as much protein in as I can I'm training as much as I can which is not that much I have a bench I mean I have 30 lb dumbbells and 35 lb dumbbells so how much could I possibly do you'd be surprised though you could do a good amount of upper body not like what you can do in a gym of course but enough probably to keep you adequate.

The real reason that I brought this up was I was wondering how everybody else is dealing with this? I mean just not being able to go to the gym and if you're stopped everything you're using or if you didn't how you altered things, what do you think the best way to keep the muscle is during this. I just thought I could pick up some ideas or we can throw some ideas around with each other.

Also what you're doing at home things like that what you're eating anyway hopefully this passes quickly and good luck to everybody. I know I was depressed as hell for 10 days man just came out of it so I know once I started working out just a little bit by myself even doing something helped a lot so don't sit around and do nothing.
      luckily we got a gym in my neighborhood that isn't used too much and it's decent enough, not perfect but it gets the job done. even with that though, i'm doing once a week full body workouts to avoid going back multiple times per week and being exposed. other than that, just going on more walks with the dog.

gotta turn a negative into a positive and use it as a time to relax and recover any old injuries you may have. it's critically important to maintain a positive mindset. events like this serve as a reminder that maybe all of us have taken everything for granted a little too much.

i'm also not making the mistake of eating a bunch of junk and getting soft. i continue to eat my clean meals like clock work. nothing changes.

Comment

Working...
      X