Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive Effects of Performance Enhancing Drugs May Last for Decades

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/bo...-last-decades/

"Physiologists from the University of Oslo in Norway have been studying the effects of anabolic steroids in mice, and their findings suggest that the boost the substances give to muscles could last for decades. The substances appear to give muscles a sort of memory that allows them to bulk up rapidly when stressed even long after they’ve been withdrawn.

In a study, researchers gave female mice an anabolic steroid, testosterone propionate, for 14 days. In that time, the mice’s muscles bulked up significantly, adding 77% more girth and 66% more myonuclei. After the steroids were withdrawn for three months (about 10% of the mouse’s lifespan), the mice’s muscles lost bulk but not myonuclei. The researchers then started the mice on an intensive exercise regimen for six days, though this time without any steroids. Non-doped mice didn’t see their muscles grow significantly in that time, but the formerly ’roided mice added 31% more cross-sectional muscle area."

interesting one
    Last edited by Mr I; 10-07-14, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Did you miss a sentence or something in that response? I've no idea what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
        Did you miss a sentence or something in that response? I've no idea what you said.
        Literally lol'd. I was thinking the exact same thing and not the first time with his posts.

Comment

Originally posted by TKD View Post

Literally lol'd. I was thinking the exact same thing and not the first time with his posts.
          Exactly. Does it all the time. For as much as he complains about other people, his own contributions could use some major improvement.

Comment

^ Great contribution to the board guys, clearly have a lot going on in your lives lol

Comment

I've nothing going on, I'm an absolute loser.. But that doesn't change the fact that your contributions could use improvement. Take for example the new guy that joined today and started a thread in the steroid section asking advice. You chose not to respond to that and instead took the time to make your worthless post above..

Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house you fat fuck.

Comment

Working...
              X