No announcement yet.

Kratom Use In Bodybuilders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hear ya and i agree. just saying never underestimate how dumb people can be.

But I agree with you 100%, the reasons the FDA are using to justify this are absolute horse shit.

Comment

How many people die from alcohol related death each year? How about cigarettes?

Yet they are perfectly legal to use. The FDA does not care about the health and safety of US citizens, that is clear.

I'd be perfectly ok with a "need to be 21" law with kratom. But to do what they are doing shows just how much they are controlled by big pharma.

Comment

True or something similar to Illinois law ...
        Replaces everything after the enacting clause. Creates the Kratom Control Act. Provides that a minor under 18 years of age shall not knowingly purchase or possess any product containing any quantity of Kratom. Provides that a minor under 18 years of age shall not knowingly purchase or possess any product containing any quantity of Kratom.

Comment

Good vid

https://youtu.be/IC6p1yZQiZs

Comment

March for kratom

https://www.facebook.com/groups/KeepKratomLegal/

Comment

Kratom Petition Attracts 55K Signatures In Six Days, 100K Needed For Response From White House

A kratom petition has been started with the White House in response to an announcement last Tuesday from the U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) with regard to its intention to add the “active” components of the plant to the list of Schedule I drugs believed to have no true therapeutic value, which includes heroin, marijuana, and peyote, as reported by the DEA.
              The Young Turks and other media outlets are describing the move, if enacted, as amounting to kratom ban. It is claimed that kratom can “help recovering opiate addicts treat pain” and “combat depression and anxiety.”

In order to prompt a presidential response, petitions with the White House are required to attract at least 100,000 signatures. The kratom petition was started on August 30, and has already gained over 55,000 signatures.
              “I’m a recovering opiate addict,” a caller to the Tim Black At Night show stated on Friday evening with regard to the kratom ban. “I was handed an addiction by a man in a white jacket, that I trusted.”
              The woman went on to describe her addiction to opiates as being “hopeless” for a 10-year period. She cited kratom as being the only thing that has been able to help her live a normal life again.

“They are going to take it away from all these addicts that it’s helped. That have reintegrated into society. We’re scared. We don’t know what we’re going to do,” Shannon stated about the DEA kratom ban that is currently slated to go into effect on September 30, 30 days after the initial DEA announcement.
              Given that the kratom petition has already garnered well over half of the necessary signatures for a response from President Obama in just six days, it seems likely that the remainder could be gained in the 25 days remaining before the ban goes into effect. Whether or not the president will intervene with an executive order or other action remains to be seen.

The DEA reports that over 100,000 kilograms of kratom was either encountered by the agency or offered for sale by exporters into the United States between 2014 and 2016. This amounts to over 12 million doses of kratom’s active ingredients: mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine. Federal figures indicate 15 deaths related to kratom use between 2014 and 2016.
              Ana Kasparian, with The Young Turks, warned users that deaths related to kratom appear to usually occur when it is mixed with, or consumed at the same time as, other drugs.

Statistics on poisoning in the United States indicate 660 calls involving exposure to kratom between 2010 and 2015, up from only 6 from 2000 to 2005. By comparison, the State of Washington was said to have received 246 marijuana calls in 2014, up from 158 in 2013, thought to be related to the state’s legalization of recreational use of the drug, as reported by AP.
              According to Florence, Alabama’s Times Daily, deaths related to heroin use in Jefferson County increased 140 percent in 2014 and officials in Colbert and Lauderdale counties acknowledged an increase in heroin use in 2015, following a 2013 kratom ban and a crackdown on legal, but heavily regulated pharmaceutical opiates, such as Oxycontin.

Doctors are said to have become wary of prescribing the addictive medications out of fear of prosecution by the DEA. Patients engaging in “doctor shopping,” the practice of obtaining more pills that legitimately required by visiting multiple physicians in a short period, are also said to be targets of law enforcement.
              The Times Daily described the situation in Alabama as being similar to a game of “whack-a-mole.”
              If the kratom petition fails in blocking the DEA ban, the botanical will likely remain on the Schedule I list for at least two years.
              “The never do an emergency un-scheduling of a drug,” The Young Turks host Cenk Uygur stated with regard to the “emergency” DEA kratom ban. “We’ve proven a thousand times over that marijuana clearly has some benefits, so it shouldn’t be a Schedule I drug, at minimum.”

Comment

White House Will Have To Justify Kratom Ban

A petition asking the White House to not classify Kratom as a Schedule I drug passed the 100,000 signature mark Thursday, triggering a response from the Obama Administration.

“Please do not make Kratom a Schedule I Substance,” is the name of the petition on the White House petition site. The petition was created Aug. 30 in response to the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) decision to temporarily classify the plant Kratom, a Schedule I narcotic.

The DEA filed a Notice of Intent Aug. 31 and caused great outrage among Kratom users not only for temporarily restricting the plant’s availability, but also for not allowing experts to weigh in on the matter. When scheduling the drug, the DEA traditionally allows for a notice and comment period in which interested parties can make their case to the DEA about why a substance should not be scheduled.

The temporary Schedule I classification of Kratom goes into effect Sept. 30. White House petition response policy states that if a petition gets over 100,000 signatures within 30 days, the White House will respond within 60 days of that threshold having been reached.

Kratom can be found in teas and is known for helping heroin addicts wean themselves off of the deadly drug. The plant’s key chemical properties can be found in energy drinks as well as in pills and powders. Due to the 60 day window in which the White House can respond to a petition and the Kratom ban getting underway Sept. 30, it is unclear if a response will come in time to stop the scheduling.

Regardless of the outcome at the federal level, Kratom has already been banned in Vermont, Indiana, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas.

White House Will Have To Justify Kratom Ban | The Daily Caller

Comment

One more update glad to see so many people fighting for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/kratom/comm...ce=mweb_navbar

Comment

DEA targeting of addiction treatment kratom will protect Big Pharma profits

https://www.rt.com/usa/358931-kratom-drug-dea-schedule/

Comment

If you're in San Antonio like us our congressman is Joaqin Castro and his local office receives mail at: 727 E. Cesar E. Chavez Blvd Suite B-128 San Antonio, TX 78206 ​Phone: 210-348-8216

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                        there must be a lethal dose. like some some dumb fuck taking 10,000mgs of aspirin at a time etc...
                        I don't know what the dose would be. I have tried taking A LOT and it doesn't work. If you're like me or most people it makes you vomit it back up--not sure what the way is to get the stomach to ingest a lethal dose.

I don't know how often people go to the ER due to an upset stomach. I'm sure some though. You just puke. Then you might not be able to think about kratom for a day or so without getting sick.

I have to meet these people that ended up in ER from kratom.

Comment

Kratom Supporters Rally at White House

Comment

Why banning the opiate-like plant kratom might do more harm than good - The Verge

Comment

DEA has kratom users holding their breath, lawmakers write more letters | Ars Technica

Comment

https://www.statnews.com/2016/10/05/...ban-dea-delay/

Comment

Working...
                                X