Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study on tren

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26584015
    Trenbolone Improves Cardiometabolic Risk Factors and Myocardial Tolerance to Ischemia-Reperfusion in Male Rats With Testosterone-Deficient Metabolic Syndrome.

Donner DG1, Elliott GE1, Beck BR1, Bulmer AC1, Lam AK1, Headrick JP1, Du Toit EF1. Author information

Abstract

The increasing prevalence of obesity adds another dimension to the pathophysiology of testosterone (TEST) deficiency (TD) and potentially impairs the therapeutic efficacy of classical TEST replacement therapy. We investigated the therapeutic effects of selective androgen receptor modulation with trenbolone (TREN) in a model of TD with the metabolic syndrome (MetS). Male Wistar rats (n=50) were fed either a control standard rat chow (CTRL) or a high-fat/high-sucrose (HF/HS) diet. After 8 weeks of feeding, rats underwent sham surgery or an orchiectomy (ORX). Alzet miniosmotic pumps containing either vehicle, 2-mg/kg·d TEST or 2-mg/kg·d TREN were implanted in HF/HS+ORX rats. Body composition, fat distribution, lipid profile, and insulin sensitivity were assessed. Infarct size was quantified to assess myocardial damage after in vivo ischaemia reperfusion, before cardiac and prostate histology was performed. The HF/HS+ORX animals had increased sc and visceral adiposity; circulating triglycerides, cholesterol, and insulin; and myocardial damage, with low circulating TEST compared with CTRLs. Both TEST and TREN protected HF/HS+ORX animals against sc fat accumulation, hypercholesterolaemia, and myocardial damage. However, only TREN protected against visceral fat accumulation, hypertriglyceridaemia, and hyperinsulinaemia and reduced myocardial damage relative to CTRLs. TEST caused widespread cardiac fibrosis and prostate hyperplasia, which were less pronounced with TREN. We propose that TEST replacement therapy may have contraindications for males with TD and obesity-related MetS. TREN treatment may be more effective in restoring androgen status and reducing cardiovascular risk in males with TD and MetS.

Abstract
    Selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) now under development can protect against muscle and bone loss without causing prostate growth or polycythemia. 17β-Hydroxyestra-4,9,11-trien-3-one (trenbolone), a potent testosterone analog, may have SARM-like actions because, unlike testosterone, trenbolone does not undergo tissue-specific 5α-reduction to form more potent androgens. We tested the hypothesis that trenbolone-enanthate (TREN) might prevent orchiectomy-induced losses in muscle and bone and visceral fat accumulation without increasing prostate mass or resulting in adverse hemoglobin elevations. Male F344 rats aged 3 mo underwent orchiectomy or remained intact and were administered graded doses of TREN, supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate, or vehicle for 29 days. In both intact and orchiectomized animals, all TREN doses and supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate augmented androgen-sensitive levator ani/bulbocavernosus muscle mass by 35-40% above shams (P ≤ 0.001) and produced a dose-dependent partial protection against orchiectomy-induced total and trabecular bone mineral density losses (P < 0.05) and visceral fat accumulation (P < 0.05). The lowest doses of TREN successfully maintained prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations at sham levels in both intact and orchiectomized animals, whereas supraphysiological testosterone-enanthate and high-dose TREN elevated prostate mass by 84 and 68%, respectively (P < 0.01). In summary, low-dose administration of the non-5α-reducible androgen TREN maintains prostate mass and hemoglobin concentrations near the level of shams while producing potent myotrophic actions in skeletal muscle and partial protection against orchiectomy-induced bone loss and visceral fat accumulation. Our findings indicate that TREN has advantages over supraphysiological testosterone and supports the need for future preclinical studies examining the viability of TREN as an option for androgen replacement therapy.

Comment

Improvements in body composition, cardiometabolic risk factors and insulin sensitivity with trenbolone in normogonadic rats.

Donner DG1, Beck BR2, Bulmer AC3, Lam AK4, Du Toit EF3. Author information

1 Heart Foundation Research Centre, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Electronic address: [email protected]. 2 School of Allied Health Sciences, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. 3 Heart Foundation Research Centre, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. 4 Cancer Molecular Pathology, School of Medicine, Griffith Health Institute, Griffith University, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia. Abstract

Trenbolone (TREN) is used for anabolic growth-promotion in over 20 million cattle annually and continues to be misused for aesthetic purposes in humans. The current study investigated TREN's effects on body composition and cardiometabolic risk factors; and its tissue-selective effects on the cardiovascular system, liver and prostate. Male rats (n=12) were implanted with osmotic infusion pumps delivering either cyclodextrin vehicle (CTRL) or 2mg/kg/day TREN for 6 weeks. Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry assessment of body composition; organ wet weights and serum lipid profiles; and insulin sensitivity were assessed. Cardiac ultrasound examinations were performed before in vivo studies assessed myocardial susceptibility to ischemia-reperfusion (I/R) injury. Circulating sex hormones and liver enzyme activities; and prostate and liver histology were examined. In 6 weeks, fat mass increased by 34±7% in CTRLs (p<0.01). Fat mass decreased by 37±6% and lean mass increased by 11±4% with TREN (p<0.05). Serum triglycerides, HDL and LDL were reduced by 62%, 57% and 78% (p<0.05) respectively in TREN rats. Histological examination of the prostates from TREN-treated rats indicated benign hyperplasia associated with an increased prostate mass (149% compared to CTRLs, p<0.01). No evidence of adverse cardiac or hepatic effects was observed. In conclusion, improvements in body composition, lipid profile and insulin sensitivity (key risk factors for cardiometabolic disease) were achieved with six-week TREN treatment without evidence of adverse cardiovascular or hepatic effects that are commonly associated with traditional anabolic steroid misuse. Sex hormone suppression and benign prostate hyperplasia were confirmed as adverse effects of the treatment.

Copyright © 2014 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Comment

this is basically saying tren is good for you. science can be twisted to say anything we want i guess. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          this is basically saying tren is good for you. science can be twisted to say anything we want i guess. lol
          I found a bottle that I never used. Just contemplating if it's worth using.

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post

I found a bottle that I never used. Just contemplating if it's worth using.
            and you typed in "tren and heart studies". do we need to discuss your previous assault? :D

tren is the only AAS i can't use due to both mental and physical sides. good old test bro. all you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post

and you typed in "tren and heart studies". do we need to discuss your previous assault? :D

tren is the only AAS i can't use due to both mental and physical sides. good old test bro. all you need.
              Yes yes sir I think you are right. I have been running test at 250 a week for about 5 weeks now. I took time off to get the miso pregnant.
              I have some leftover stuff though which is very tempting.
              Half a bottle of dbol
              2 vials of eq
              1 bottle tren

Will run the dbol as its only about 2 weeks worth, eq I was thinking possibly running at 1ml a week. What you think
              Tren is only one bottle and im on the fence with it

Comment

Originally posted by redback View Post

Yes yes sir I think you are right. I have been running test at 250 a week for about 5 weeks now. I took time off to get the miso pregnant.
                I have some leftover stuff though which is very tempting.
                Half a bottle of dbol
                2 vials of eq
                1 bottle tren

Will run the dbol as its only about 2 weeks worth, eq I was thinking possibly running at 1ml a week. What you think
                Tren is only one bottle and im on the fence with it
                i don't think you need the dbol or the tren. every time i think i will run dbol for 4-6 weeks i end up stopping 2 weeks in because i feel like absolute garbage. tren makes me a mental case within 2 weeks. don't do it.

Comment

Working...
                X