Hi, my name is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi, my name is...

If you're new to the forum, introduce yourselves, tell us where you're at now (no, not in front of the computer ;) tell us if you've started exercising at all, if so, what you're doing, how you eat, stuff like that), what goals you have, and a little about yourself.

Hi, I'm Puddles. :)

I'm 38 y.o. and I've been training with my husband for a few years now. It's become one of the most enjoyable things in my life. I usually lift weights 5 days a week but I struggle getting cardio in...I hate it! LOL

I used to be really overweight so it's been fun watching my body change over the last couple of years. Frustrating at times as well. Right now I've got to loose about 15-20 lbs. Grrr!!! My willpower has sucked lately.

I've been on this board for a year now and have learned a lot from the folks here. Thanks guys!

Hello all,

Started back lifting seriously again last year, after a very lengthy bulking phase brought on by marriage, building a new house and merging companies. I'm 31 years old and the last time my bodyfat was in the single digits, Dorian Yates was Mr. Olympia. Now I'm back on a fixed lifting schedule again and an extremely clean diet. This time last year I was 285 lbs and smooooth as a baby. Today I weighed in at 216 and have once again seen the long forgotten first row of abs. Thanks in part to the fine folks and top notch advice here at SM.

DDD

Comment

I'm Timma. I'm 24 and have been lifting seriously for the past 4 years. In that time I have gained over 40lbs of muscle. I want to gain 40 more in the next year or so.

I do it cause I enjoy it. You could say it's a hobby for me.

Comment

I think I'm out my depth on this board - it seems to be for very SERIOUS bodybuilders and I'm more into health and fitness/ bodybuilding

Anyhow, I'm 38 y.o. 6'2" 200lbs. I started exercising/working out back in March after I got a wake-up call while playing hockey - I could only play for twenty-five minutes, before I had to get off the ice 'cause I couldn't catch my breath. A week later I lasted only 35 minutes - so I decided to do something about it. I started doing cardio every other day on my treadmill at home and strengthening on the days in between, allowing one day's rest per week. That went well and I began to notice a vast improvement in my endurance.

More recently, I embarked on a muscle-building regimen. It consists of a four days on and one day off - on days 1 and 3, I work my chest, shoulders, biceps and abs. On days 2 and 4, I work my back, legs, triceps and obliques. I've gained approximately 8 pounds of muscle since I started (after losing about 12 lbs of fat), which for me is fantastic 'cause I was skinny weakling in my adolescence. For cardio, I now ride to work (20K each way) 2 to 3 times per week, making sure I keep my cadence between 60 and 80. It's amazing how much this has done to strengthen my quads and calves. I feel great, my co-ordination is better and things just come a lot easier when you're more muscular. Playing hockey is a lot more fun as I'm faster and I can do more out on the ice. Being fit is the way to go - I highly recommend it.

My goal is simple - to get BIG - I thought I would stop when I reached 210 solid lbs, but will probably push to get up to 220, lean and ripped!

Comment

Originally posted by gdbear65
          I think I'm out my depth on this board - it seems to be for very SERIOUS bodybuilders and I'm more into health and fitness/ bodybuilding

Anyhow, I'm 38 y.o. 6'2" 200lbs. I started exercising/working out back in March after I got a wake-up call while playing hockey - I could only play for twenty-five minutes, before I had to get off the ice 'cause I couldn't catch my breath. A week later I lasted only 35 minutes - so I decided to do something about it. I started doing cardio every other day on my treadmill at home and strengthening on the days in between, allowing one day's rest per week. That went well and I began to notice a vast improvement in my endurance.

More recently, I embarked on a muscle-building regimen. It consists of a four days on and one day off - on days 1 and 3, I work my chest, shoulders, biceps and abs. On days 2 and 4, I work my back, legs, triceps and obliques. I've gained approximately 8 pounds of muscle since I started (after losing about 12 lbs of fat), which for me is fantastic 'cause I was skinny weakling in my adolescence. For cardio, I now ride to work (20K each way) 2 to 3 times per week, making sure I keep my cadence between 60 and 80. It's amazing how much this has done to strengthen my quads and calves. I feel great, my co-ordination is better and things just come a lot easier when you're more muscular. Playing hockey is a lot more fun as I'm faster and I can do more out on the ice. Being fit is the way to go - I highly recommend it.

My goal is simple - to get BIG - I thought I would stop when I reached 210 solid lbs, but will probably push to get up to 220, lean and ripped!
          Great work bud. You are definitly on the right track. Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks bro, that's high praise indeed! It means a lot to me, coming from someone like you.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm meat and I'm an Alcoholic....oh wait wrong forum

Just kiddin...anways I've been working out the past few years I personal train at nights. I attended the National Personal Training

I got into fitness after being at a beach one day and being too embarrassed to even take my shirt off. I weighed about 130 lbs soaking wet with a ten pound weight in each hand (hahaha). So right then I told myself it was time for a change. So went out bought as much fitness equipment as possible and haven't looked back since. I'm currently at 185 working my up to my ultimate goal of 200lbs. I stumbled onto this site through a friend and found a great group of members who are always there for some great tips and a good laugh. Anways I'm always open for questions and ever eager to learn more from all of you. (sorry if I sound cheesy I've been up since 4:30 this morning) Anways great to see this forum added I think it will help members new to the fitness lifestyle ask the questions they are afraid to ask.

Thnx I'm out
              meat
              Last edited by meat12; 03-09-05, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Hello eveyone. I am 23 yrs old and 125 pounds. I am trying to tone my body and eat health. I work out every other day, My favorite work out is cardio. I lift weights once in a while. My biggest concern is trying to be able to lift more weights and gain more muscle.

I dont have a specific diet. I cant seem to be to figure out. What diet will work for me.

I would like to thank everyone on board for all your help and advice.

Comment

Hey everybody. I didn't start lifting until really late in life. I was 29 when I started 5 1/2 years ago. My girlfriend and I broke up and I was in some really sad shape mentally. So, I started lifting. It probably saved my life.

At that time I was a marathon runner and weighed 140lbs. Currently, I am about 185lb. I just like lifting because I look better and feel better. I am definately not in the same league as most of you guys but I can talk about lifting all day long....I like the people and I like the journey itself.

Comment

Hi, my name is... what... my name is ... who... my name is
                    Dang Im on the wrong thread too

Anyways, I was a rail back in HS and the first 2 years of college, 5'8" 128lbs. Started lifting last May (1yr 2mos ago) and have since gained up to 163lbs, maintaining my 32" waist and at 10.2%BF. I've learned alot about diet/training/supps since I've been working out and reading up on this and other boards. Hell, I've learned so much ppl ask me for advice (weird to me). I'm always learning more and more and am more than glad to help anybody that has questions about training/diet/PH/PS. Welcome all newcomers, this board is GREAT
                    r_deese

Comment

hey guys/gals,

i used to lift in highschool, but i never really took it seriously. then i went to college, and after the first two years of partying and drinking, i realized that i was really out of shape. i have been reading on this site for about a year now and have learned so much. i dont post very much because i was always taught that you learn better with you ears open and your mouth shut, or in this case, your eyes open and your fingers off the keyboard, lol. i would encourage anyone new to this site to become very famliar with the search button, it can save you so much time.

sekc

Comment

How you doin
                        I started lifting in the Army but could never keep my gains cause the Infantry always kept us in the field without enough food or sleep for weeks at a time. I was carrying 210 lbs on a 6'4" frame. My first six months out, I was 230, first year 265. Right now I'm 250 and I can see abs. I've been powerlifting the last two years completely natural. I want to be about 300 lbs and completely solid. That's why I'm on this forum now. I don't usually care for what people online have to say just cause I can't choke them out when they get out of line, but, I've read some very important material on Superior Muscle. This place is great.

Comment

aren't introductions what the introduction forum is for?

My name is slimer shady. I got that nickname because when I was in school I sweat in wrestling and my friends called me slimer. I've been lifting seriosly for 3 years. I lifted off and on for abou 15 years. The most I've weighed was 260 last winter I'm curently 230 and 6'1" tall at about 12% BF I've never competed but would like to in a few more years I still need to bring up some body parts(legs) and add more over all muscle depth.
                          Best lifts
                          Bench 355*1
                          squat 435 *6
                          deadlift 375*3 with straps

I don't like to max out very often on bench because it hurts my shoulders. I also don't max out at squats I've had 2 knee surgeries and don't want to risk it. But I go heavy very often. I really like this forum and am glad to be a member hear.
                          Last edited by slimer; 08-24-04, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Sup??? They call me bad14u, around here anyway :P! I am 35 years of age, 5' 10" short , and weigh 175 lbs. I have been working out for awhile but only got serious with it after a knee injury in 2002 put me on the couch for 2 weeks straight and added about 20 pounds to my gut! Part of my rehab for my knee was riding an exercycle, man did that fuckin' hurt but it helped my knee and helped me shed some of the weight! So I decided to get more serious with my workouts! I stumbled apon SM doing a search on the computer in Feb.of this year and have been addicted since! I thought I wanted to get on the juice and put on the extra muscle quick but after having read so many posts about costs and length of time you would have to be on it, plus the fact that I had a son on the way, I decided to stay natural! This forum has helped me tremendously with my diet and shown me that the "juice" is not for everyone!
                            Read, learn and then make a well informed decision!
                            Last edited by bad14u; 08-25-04, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Hey everybody,

I first started working out when I was 15 after being at a teen club and seeing a Muscle and Fitness magazine at a gas station with Gary Strydom (see avatar) on the cover. I've been hooked since then and am now 32. Along the way I've encountered many setbacks along the way..... everything from your normal life events.. bad breakups, the death of my father to a bout with throat Cancer about 5 years ago when my weight when from a hard 232 lbs. down to a wasted 172 lbs.

Everytime I feel like I'm getting on top of my game something seems to stop the progress... the latest was double hernia surgery.... but through it all I find my comfort back in the weight room... without the place I call my second home, I don't really know where I would be today. All I know is that , the gym, the people I contact and read about here on this site and my wife help to make any bad situation not seem as bad as it might initially feel.

Peace to All,

V

Comment

Working...
                              X