Looking where to start...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking where to start...

Hello everyone! First off let me introduce my self. Im a Junior in High School in Columbus, IN. I am 6' 1" and 230 Lbs. I was a defensive lineman for my schools 4A football team where we were lucky enough to get to go to Semi-state and lost by one touchdown. I have since in the last couple of months decided football is no longer for me and haven't been really training at all for the last 2 months (but my job requires lots of heavy lifting and carrying of heavy objects.) I have decided to start training again to lose some weight and tone my muscles which leads me to my question. I have never lifted to lose weight and to tone and am just curious on where to start. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,

Last edited by Shibby; 04-25-05, 11:12 PM.

As far as the lifting goes, it's not going to much different. The main difference will have to be in your diet. Being a junior in High School can be difficult to eat right. Give us an idea of what your diet is like and maybe we can help there. Aslo what kind and how much cardio do you do?

Comment

I alos edited your personal info off your post. Just isn't a good Idea to put too much info of yourself out over the net.

Comment

Thanks...

Also: http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...threadid=23974

My current diet is well not much of one... I have no real set diet because usually I just go where my friends go but am wanting to set a more strict diet. I also dont eat in the mornings now and really need to start...

Comment

Welcome to the board!

You got some good advice in the Nutrition thread you put up.

Eat breakfast, that keeps your metabolism up, skipping it will slow it down. Get some protein and complex carbs in you to start the day.

When you eat out, pick foods that are high in protein and avoid simple carbs (breads, pasta's, white potatoes and rice) and look for complex carbs like brown rice, sweet potatoes, and if you must eat bread, choose whole or multi grain bread.

Watch out for the way your food is prepared, you don't want anything fried or in buttery sauces. Adding cheese and condiments like catchup, mayo and salad dressings are bad, instead choose mustard, hotsauce, and oil & vinnigar.

If you wind up at a fast food place you can order a grilled chicken salad and a grilled chicken sandwich, read the labels on the salad dressings, you may be surprised how much fat/carbs/cal's are in a packet. Water, unsweetened iced-tea with artificial sweetener, or diet soda to drink, no juice or regular soda.

Try to eat every 3 hrs. You can bring little snacks with ya if you have to. A handful of nuts, beef jerky, stuff like that is convenient to eat on the run.

Drink at least a gallon of water a day.

Comment

Working...
          X