Help cutting up with a broken clavical

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help cutting up with a broken clavical

Whats up everyone? Heres the story. I was training hard for about 9 months and seeing awesome results but recently I tore a muscle in my shoulder so I was out of the gym for about three weeks then I broke my clavical (collarbone)from an ATV accident. Ive been out of the gym for about a month now and Im going nuts my muscles are going flat and Im getting a hell of a gut. I was about 16% bodyfat before the accident because I was bulking up and planned on cutting before summer. I saw the doctor today and he recommended I wait 4 more weeks before I can train like I used to. The max he recommends for me to lift is a wooping 5lbs. I want to get back to the gym and cut up but Im extremely limited to what I can do. Id like to lose about 20lbs within this month and get a nice set of abs, then when I can train again ill pack it on lean. What would you guys recommend I do at the gym? There is also a sauna which Ive never used before and Id like to possibly take advantage of that. Ive also seriously reduced my supplement intake to multi-vitamin in the morning and 1 50gram protein shake in the afternoon. My supplement intake used to be an MRP int he morning, whey protein shake 2pm PWO shake 5:30pm, 7:30 whey shake. 11:00 12hr proteins shake. Thanks for your help!!

Matt

Post your entire diet - you can do a ton to body composition without even working out...

Comment

I would worry more about healing up for now

Comment

7:30am MRP or oatmeal and egg whites

11:30 tuna fish sandwich/ low fat mayo whole wheat bread or chicken and brown rice

2:30pm tuna steak with columbo yogurt dessert

4:30pm 50 gram whey shake with 2% milk

6:00 MRP

7:30-8 50 gram whey shake w/ water

9:00 dinner (i use the 45/35/20 rule)

11:00 12 hour protein

Since my accident I have only taken 1 50 gram whey shake w/ milk in the afternoon ill admit ive let my diet go to a degree but now I can go back to do cardio and whatever else you may recommend.

Thanks for the response.

Matt

Comment

I dont want to get fat. Ive already got a flabby stomach from eating a lot while I was healing plus I was eating everything in site pre-injury to gain weight now and bulk up. Im 212lbs now and have love handles im not having it.

Comment

Post all the other information too bro - height, age, BMR etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

Comment

Im 23, 212lbs, 6', B.M.I. of 31.8 and my bodyfat pre-injury was 16%.

Comment

Go easy right now, if it does not heal then you are looking at a plate and screws... you dont want that.... trust me... I pushed too hard when I broke my collar bone this year and ended up with a nasty scar across my chest and a titanium plate and seven screws holding it all together.... BTW I have still not been cleared to lift yet.... It has been 4 months since surgery and 8 since I broke it

PD

Comment

Oh man Im sorry that happened to you thats horrible! Im definately taking it easy but Id like to drop about 20 pounds before I start training like I used to. Best of luck bro I can only imagine how it must drive you nuts not being able to train.

Matt

Comment

I haven't forgotten about you - give me a bit to get back to you though - Glowalla or anyone else - if you're out there feel free to jump in because I may take a day or two to get back here...

Comment

Waiting for good advice is not a problem. Thanks bro.

Comment

I'll chime in here and give a little advice and we'll see what else foghat wants to add to it

Originally posted by MuscleManMatt
                        7:30am MRP or oatmeal and egg whites

cut out the MRP - 4 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 1 cup oatmeal, and half a protein shake

11:30 tuna fish sandwich/ low fat mayo whole wheat bread or chicken and brown rice

cut out the mayo, i used to eat tuna with mayo too, but you'll get used to it with no mayo, check the recipe sections for bouncers tuna mush

2:30pm tuna steak with columbo yogurt dessert

cut out the yogurt, add in a sweet potato

4:30pm 50 gram whey shake with 2% milk

use water instead of milk, add in a half cup of oats to the shake with some flaxseed oil or fish oil

6:00pm

chicken, lean steak, or lean beef, with brown rice or another sweet potato and some green veggies, spinach, broccolli are my personal favorites

7:30-8 50 gram whey shake w/ water

add in a scoop of natty pb for some healthy fat

9:00 dinner (i use the 45/35/20 rule)

just make sure your getting low GI carbs and omega 3 fats - i would also add some greens in here

11:00 12 hour protein

not sure what 12 hr protein is but if it's casein protein then your good, if not you might want to have some cottage cheese or i personally like a can of tuna or about 4 egg whites - remember whole foods are better than protein shakes

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations ill be sure to change things up. I usually skip out the mayo and just squeeze some lemon juice on it, sometimes having mayo and a little relish is like a treat haha. I use the 12 hour probolic protein from MHP its a casein based protein. Now this diet is perfect for when I train but right now Im limited to what I can do due to the broken collar bone. What would you recommend I do to cut up a little and shave off about 20lbs? Right now Im low carbing it big time and eating a lot of lean meats off the forman grill. Foghat mentioned that I could do a lot of body composition without working out. What do you recommend I can do to achieve this? Right now im able to work out my legs and abs, and also do any of the cardio machines. Thanks.

Matt

Comment

well this is a cutting diet, so there's no reason to change it just because your not working out, if you don't want to lose the muscle you already have then your going to need protein,carbs, and healthy fats... you might just want to cut carbs out past 6:00pm.

i also like doing supersets to raise the heartrate also. so do a set of whatever leg exercise, then without a break go and do a set of whatever ab exercise, rest about 30secs-1min, then repeat. if you do this on a hard day, i'll guarentee you'll be winded after your second set.

as for cardio, a lot of people like walking for about 30-45 mins to elevate your heartrate but not too high so your body doesn't turn to carbs for energy. i personally like interval training, which would be walk for 1 min, then sprint for 30 secs, and repeat for 10-20 mins. i like doing it on an incline to add some difficulty. this keeps your body from getting used to the cardio.

Comment

Ill definately try doing the supersets today when I go. I feel like Ive lost a ton of muscle already. They look flat and a lot smaller. Ive been told that I will quickly be able to gain my muscle back because of "muscle memory" is this true? So far ive lost about 5lbs doing the low carb/cardio routine. Do you not recommend to do a lot of cardio? At this point if I lose some muscle its not a big deal id rather cut up a little then pack it on lean again right now I feel fat.

Comment

Working...
                              X