"The man whose arms exploded"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The man whose arms exploded"

I just finished watching a Special on TLC called "The man whose arms exploded". This show is about the effects of anabolic steroids. This defeantly scared me away from ever useing gear again and makes me regret the stupid choices I made when I was younger. I recomend this TLC special to every future and current body builder. It really opens your eyes.

Originally posted by snowkid10
    I just finished watching a Special on TLC called "The man whose arms exploded". This show is about the effects of anabolic steroids. This defeantly scared me away from ever useing gear again and makes me regret the stupid choices I made when I was younger. I recomend this TLC special to every future and current body builder. It really opens your eyes.
    If you believed that fucking shit they called a documentary then you don't need to be giving out advice...

Damn media....

Comment

:bravonew:
      Originally posted by fog_hat1981
      If you believed that fucking shit they called a documentary then you don't need to be giving out advice...

Damn media....

Comment

I thought it had a good message of don't be a fucking tool while doing dangerous drugs. sorry but what a fucking loser.

Comment

I am actually glad that it has scared some people away because it eliminates those that really didnt know what they were doing in the first place and would prob. only end up giving it even a worse rep than it has now. But all in all it was a bunch of shit. It kills me tho that someone that has done steroids gets scared by watching that show because you should had known about all the effects before you took it in the first place.
          Last edited by TripleXx; 02-20-06, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleXx
            I am actually glad that it has scared some people away because it eliminates those that really didnt know what they were doing in the first place and would prob. only end up giving it even a worse rep than it has now. But all in all it was a bunch of shit. It kills me tho that someone that has done steroids gets scared by watching that show because you should had known about all the effects before you took it in the first place.

Yeah I know I was an idiot I was 18 and got talked into it by my so-called buddy. Im doing fine natural now though and happy with the results.

Comment

Glad to hear that. Best of luck to you.

Comment

glad to hear too...not to turn you in the other direction, but in the world of competitive bodybuilding, especially with the way physiques are these days, anyone wishing to compete at a high level has to consider not only steroids, but GH and insulin too. Look at Michanik's physique when he was Mr. Universe, then look at some of the amateur's physiques at NPC nationals. That is why there are drugs in competitive bodybuilding. That being said, unless you are in that world, you don't really need them

Comment

That was totally a story of what uneducated drug-use in general can do to a person. Michanik's story of the test levels of a pre-pubescent girl just means that he probably had no PCT. And then there's "Ramblin' Freak"--he's just an idiot. I can't imagine how much synthol he's pumped into his body. I'm sure he's gonna have some real health issues.
                  I agree with go Yankees though--if you're not in that world, I would seriously consider the real need to take them. Weigh the pros and cons and make your own choice, but, in either case, don't do anything without educating yourself properly first.

Comment

I don't recall them ever even mentioning his synthol abuse did they? Rediculous...

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                      I don't recall them ever even mentioning his synthol abuse did they? Rediculous...
                      No, I don't think so--they just referred to it all as steroids, and that's another problem with the media. There's probably people that came away from that thinking his arms were the sole product of AAS. IMO, he gives a bad name to bodybuilding and I dislike all the attention he gets. I love MD and don't know why they give him all the attention that they do.

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                        No, I don't think so--they just referred to it all as steroids, and that's another problem with the media. There's probably people that came away from that thinking his arms were the sole product of AAS. IMO, he gives a bad name to bodybuilding and I dislike all the attention he gets. I love MD and don't know why they give him all the attention that they do.
                        Yeah - I think that there was another thread on here about this and most of the people were asking how steroids did that to him...

What a disgrace....

Comment

absolutely, to clump everything together as "steroids" is a little much...not only does the scope of the documentary EXCLUDE synthol, GH, IGF, slin, clen, and so on, but it speaks nothing of the degrees of steroid use. Certainly to get a body like the ones they pictured you need "lots" of steroids, but does that mean a gram of test for years in a row?

it'll be nice when a fair, unbiased documentary of steroid use comes out

Comment

there was not one word or mention regarding synthol. they jsut said "steroids" and they talked about the one guy trying "ghb" which isnt a "steroid" either.

Comment

Working...
                            X