Eggs for bulking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs for bulking

I'm a beginner at fitnessing and I'm wondering if eating eggs in extreme quantities would be good for gaining muscle and if so, how much eggs I should eat, when I should eat them and whether or not I should eat all the yolks.

Eggs should be in a staple in any diet along with chicken and some lean beef. Also fish if you like it, but I'm not a fan of the taste. Depending on if you want the fat (they are good fats mind you) in that meal or not.

Comment

Best to use just the whites if you can for cholesterol reasons, bit more expensive, but worth it.

Comment

And how many eggs should most bodybuilders eat approximately? I've read that it's about 6g of protein per egg.
        And should I eat them at a certain time before or after training or at a certain time of day?

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
          Best to use just the whites if you can for cholesterol reasons, bit more expensive, but worth it.
          Well that may not be true. I like this study posted by Control
          Originally posted by Control
          The RDA for cholesterol came out back in the 70's when scientists thought that dietary cholesterol had a major impact on your blood cholesterol. We now know, it doesn't. The major factor that influences your blood cholesterol is genetics. In addition, eggs contain a phospholipid which inhibits the absorption of cholesterol:

"Many people believe that dietary cholesterol directly raises blood cholesterol. Because eggs provide about half the dietary cholesterol in a typical western diet, the public has been advised to limit its egg consumption.

Under experimental conditions using an animal model that closely mimics human physiology, Koo and his associates found that a particular egg phospholipid interferes with the absorption of egg cholesterol and markedly lowers its uptake by the intestine. When the phospholipid is saturated, its inhibitory effect is further enhanced.

The researchers controlled experimental conditions to specifically look at egg phospholipid and its effect on cholesterol absorption.

Even though a good amount of cholesterol is consumed when an egg is eaten, much of it becomes "unavailable for absorption" in the presence of the phospholipid, Koo said.

"This may be a reason why many studies found no association between egg intake and cholesterol," he said. The phospholipid, or lecithin, found in egg inhibits cholesterol absorption. The inhibition is not 100 percent, he said. Some cholesterol is absorbed but amount is reduced in the presence of this phospholipid.

"Less absorption means less cholesterol introduced into the blood," Koo said. "We were able to determine experimentally that a substantial amount of the egg cholesterol is not going into the blood stream."

Comment

Here's a good thread all about eggs. http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ht=egg+protien

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
              Well that may not be true. I like this study posted by Control
              Seems to me that the study is just saying that most of the cholesterol doesn't get absorbed. But some still does. The problem with that is, that the body makes all the cholesterol the brain needs, anything more is unneccessary. My cholesterol is high, so i'm just playing it safe and just doing the whites. Even tuna is out of the question.

Comment

I understand, it's definatly going to be a personal choice depending on your health.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonslayer
                  And how many eggs should most bodybuilders eat approximately? I've read that it's about 6g of protein per egg.
                  And should I eat them at a certain time before or after training or at a certain time of day?
                  If you're only using the white, it's closer to about 4g/egg. How many depends on how much protein you want.

Comment

Eat the whole dam egg. Unless High colestrol runs in your family. Will be getting my blood test back tomorrow. Been eating 4-8 whole eggs every day for breakfast last 6 months. Will see what happens. might have to eat my words.

Comment

they are good before bed too. I still cant figure out how to get my hard boiled eggs to come out perfect though, :hmmm:

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                        they are good before bed too. I still cant figure out how to get my hard boiled eggs to come out perfect though, :hmmm:

Kinda complicated...

http://www.recipesource.com/main-dis...1/rec0137.html

Comment

eggs are the best protein in my opinion, I blend cooked eggs in my shake and it has awesome effects

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonslayer
                            I'm a beginner at fitnessing and I'm wondering if eating eggs in extreme quantities would be good for gaining muscle and if so, how much eggs I should eat, when I should eat them and whether or not I should eat all the yolks.

eggs are great for bodybuilding,,,great source of protein.

Comment

Working...
                            X