A generic beginners bulking diet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A generic beginners bulking diet

This diet is for pretty much anybody who's trying to put on mass. Obviously, if you're on this diet for awhile and you're not seeing any gains you need to up the calories. If you start getting obese you need to lower the calories (start by replacing the cheat meal with a clean meal). Although this is a bulking diet, you may actually lose fat (especially if you've been eating like shit for a long time and/or you're a lard-ass)

-2 slices whole wheat bread* with jam, 6 whole eggs, Apple
    -8 oz steak or chicken 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 a can black beans
    -40-50 grams whey protein, 1 scoop of natural peanut butter
    -Cheat meal (at least 50-60 grams protein)
    -8 oz steak or chicken, 1 cup brown rice, 1/2 a can black beans
    -40-50 grams whey protein, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
    *Between meals snack on almonds(4 oz) mixed with peanuts(4oz), or cashews(4oz) mixed with peanuts(4oz), preferably un-salted.

*Make sure the ingredients say whole wheat, not enriched wheat flour.

**On workout days there's also PWO shake: 75-100 grams whey protein
    100 grams dextrose/maltodextrin/vitargo OR what I do is just eat 4 packets of flavored, instant oatmeal; the kind with the sugar in it. I just can't stand dextrose anymore...
    Last edited by Control; 08-13-06, 01:16 AM.

good post!

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      Good post....You really like apples don't you?

Of course, who doesn't?

Comment

Oh, that's on days when you don't lift. On days when you lift, you also have a PWO shake which is:

75-100 grams whey protein
        100 grams dextrose/maltodextrin/vitargo OR what I do is just eat 4 packets of flavored, instant oatmeal; the kind with the sugar in it. I just can't stand dextrose anymore.

Comment

Good stuff......... words to live by

Comment

I got an E-mail asking how to add calories to this diet. If you are eating everything and still not growing, you need to add calories. I wouldn't add any more fat, the fat is already pretty high (which is part of why it works so well). You can add some protien, but depending on how many grams you get from your cheat meal you're already eating 350-400 grams, so more protein probably isn't the answer. That leaves carbs. Most healthy, low G.I. carbs are low in calories though, and usually high in fiber (we don't want too much fiber) and quite filling. So, we eat sugar. Sugar can make you fat though and we don't want to get fat so, we lower the G.I. by eating a low G.I. carb at the same time. For example a cup of brown rice with a coke. Or a sweet potato and some fruit punch. This is a carb-only snack between meals. Try to avoid eating sugar and fat at the same time.

Comment

Also, with the cheat meal, try to be sensible. A half-gallon of ice cream is not a good cheat meal. I'll usually eat a rotisserie chicken and some fries. Or a couple cheeseburgers. It's not clean but the protein is high and so are the calories.

Comment

My cheat meal ends up at the Chinese Buffet. Really I still eat kinda health but destroy there Spicy Chicken, Suishi and Shrimp. After 2 weeks of visiting them 3 times a week I was all healed up and only visit them on Sunday's.
                Btw I eat more than most. I can fit a cheat meal and still be ok. Wish the Buffet wieghed me when I enter and leave bet I eat 5 pounds of meat.

Comment

*bump*

control where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by NYCmitch25
                    *bump*

control where are you?

I've been traveling cuz of work. I've been in just about every shit-hole country there is in the last few months.

Comment

Working...
                    X