Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish with foot tendon issues

Hey everyone,
    I'm not really new to fitness, or to this board, but I haven't been around in a LONG time, and I used to mainly lurk.

I love weight training, and feel best when I inch toward lifting heavy. My main goals are strength gains and fat loss.

Just Wednesday I strained what I believe is a digitorum longus tendon in my foot. Strangely I did it while doing conventional deadlifts. I suspect I'll need flatter shoes than my New Balances. But I'm actually worried about how long this will take to get better and if I'll need medical intervention. Has anyone strained any of these foot tendons, and have any advice?

I plan to stick around here because I love learning more when it comes to health and strength training.

Cheers!

Ouch that can be a bad one. There is a girl on my wife's team who had to have surgery and that area and still has problems today(It's been about 4 years since she first injured it). Some of it is because she had shotty reahab. So they had to go back in and remove some of the scar tissue. She had problems with it for so long that she favored the other foot heavily. We had to work with her and help her to correct her running form. If it's still hurting in a week or off and on after that, I would see an orthopedic. Then I wouldn't let a run of mill physical therapist do your rehab. I would make sure you have your rehab done by and athletic trainer or a physical therapist that has plenty of sports rehab expierence.

Comment

Are you sure? you may have collapsed an arch?

Comment

Thanks for your responses. My arch seems to be fine. The pain I'm experiencing is at the top of my foot. It's not above the big toe and its metatarsal joints, but is more above the others. I'm hoping it's a strain to the muscles (extensor digitorum brevis) and not so much the tendond themselves. Dorsiflexion is fine, but plantar flexion hurts. Walking around hurts. I already notice that I'm rolling my foot inwards on the ball by the big toe to compensate.
        I'm really frustrated with this set back. I'm icing it and trying not to walk around too much.

I can't get over the fact that I injured it doing CDLs. I didn't feel any pain until a put the bar back, then walked away.
        This sucks.

Comment

Sorry to hear bro, sounds painful hope you get better

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
            Sorry to hear bro, sounds painful hope you get better
            Thanks for your concern. I really appreciate it, only thing is, I'm 100% woman. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by escape
              Thanks for your concern. I really appreciate it, only thing is, I'm 100% woman. ;)

lol
              my bad... mam :D

Comment

Working...
              X