Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beginner seeking an answer

Well hello world !

Im new to this board and i figure i would start with a little question.

See im actually 24 years old, im about 5''10 in height and i weight 152. Even tho all this weight is mucle im kinda leen. I have a lots of muscle but there rather long and lean and therefore i lack mass. Im wondering if 24 years old is too old to start training seriously with the objective to gain a lot of mass. I have a good nutrition and a healthy live style. Im training a little bit at home but im willing to get serious. just wondering if its still possible for me to get the result that i want. Im motivated but wondering if my goals are possibles. Im looking at something like increasing my weight up to 185 or so.

Thx everyone
    PS: please forgive my english. i know it sucks

without a doubt 5 10 185 shouldnt be a problem. look at some of the diets and routines around the site. there is alot of knolege around this board. remember to get bigger you have to do everything bigger....eat, lift, sleep

Comment

First, find a bulking diet that you think you can follow, second, come up with a split that emphasizes compound movements like squats, deads and benchpress.

I would suggest you look at the posts by Control in the beginners section. He has a low volume routine that is good for beginners and also a good bulking diet. In your mind the low volume thing wont seem right but it will be great to get your body used to the bodybuilder type of lifting. I did it for three months and gained close to the same amount as I had the three months prior lifting 3-4 days a week.

Keep reading on this site and understand the different opinions. Not everybody is the same and ultimately you are going to have to figure out what works best for your body.

Its all about the food. Go eat some protein.

Comment

First welcom to the board. Your goals are definatley realistic. The advice already given is good.

Comment

no your not old. i started at 24 and am now 33 i was 133 lbs and now im 190 so your goal is not unrealistic eat and lift and eat some more. p.s. it didnt take me that long to make 190 i have been around that for a few years.

Comment

great time to start.... get on it... set goals and reach them!

i was 20 when i started.

Comment

Thx for the warm welcome and all the answers. Im starting next monday so i can pack a little bit more protein and sleep before i start getting serious.

Thx again.

Comment

24 is great time to start, personally I started in my 22, because I have problems with digestion later(( The only problem - your diet, 50% of your success will consist of your nutrition.

Comment

Holy fuck Cutler, you dug up a 10 year old thread! Since you are the real Jay Cutler I'll let this epic retarded bump slip if you send me an autographed picture of your striated glutes.

Comment

That's not the real cutler bro ahaha u alright?

Comment

For beginners, you want to start with the compound movements, build ur frame first bruh. Once you got a good frame going, and you can actually lift more than a plate on each end of the bench, then u can start really focusing on isolation. And don't listen to any of these yahoos about diet bro, everybody us different and need different macro's to meet there need. I'm carb sensitive so I'll see the effects of a heavy carb intake in no time at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Veldom View Post
                        That's not the real cutler bro ahaha u alright?
                        My sarcasm went right over your head...

Comment

Holy fuck! I leave for a minute place goes to shit!
                          First...dude replies to a 10 year thread then somebody else continues with the advice.
                          What the fuck happened to this place? :eek: :rofl:

Comment

Working...
                          X