Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP

Hi guys,

I was a gymnast all my life now I'm a coach so my body is in a pretty good shape. I'm 5.3 and 105 pounds (25 yrs old). My fiancé is a gym addict and tried to get me into it and I went for like a full year 3-4 times a week, cardio and weight lifting. I am already toned and shaped well from all the gymnastic but I want to get just a little bigger (heavier) I never got any bigger than 110 pounds(tops). I have to admit that I don’t have a good diet I'm a junk food Quinn, eat anything, everything at anytime -a lot of sweets and still not getting any weight on my bones so I can transform that body fat into muscle or something like that if it's even possible. My arms are very muscular and toned now, but my legs aren't. What should I do? What do I need to do to gain weight or muscle? Can u gain muscle without gaining weight? Please let me know. And like I said eating is not an issue with me. I am thinking were the f$%$ does all that food go and why I have a hard time putting weight on. It is really frustrating. :(

Any advice is welcome. thank you.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ahava; 06-23-07, 03:54 PM.

What it sounds like you need to do is clean your diet up and eat more clean food. I am not saying you need to go on a diet and cut cals, I am saying you may need to change the kind of foods you are eating. You may be holding water in your legs from the sodium of junk food.

Fat can not turn to muscle and viceversa. What is your workout like when you do legs? Do you do cardio. How many meals a day are you eating?

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      I call :bsflag: on this thread and pic...
      I call B.S. on your life.

Comment

Listen to Da Bouncer. Clean up your Diet. Eat Oatmeal, some mulitgrain breads and whole wheat paste. Don't change all at once your mind will rebel. Start with oatmeal and protien shake every morning and go on from there. Also wieght lift first then do your cadio. Take care

Comment

I was also a gymnast and when i got into HS, my team starting mandatory lifting schedules and I went from 110 to 125 in 1-year! I also still coach in the sport (I'm 31) That's how I got into lifting and how I loved the transformation of my own body from normal to hard and muscluar.

honestly from your pic, don't worry about weight gain... it should be more about leaning out and building muscle. You can look really muscular at 110 and also at 130. It depends on how lean you are more so, then it's just about how bulky you'd want to get.

Use this site to look up some of the diets of the girls on here... I know that Red Squirrel posts hers. Good luck and welcome to the site! :)

Comment

Originally posted by ahava
            Hi guys,

I was a gymnast all my life now I'm a coach so my body is in a pretty good shape. I'm 5.3 and 105 pounds (25 yrs old). My fiancé is a gym addict and tried to get me into it and I went for like a full year 3-4 times a week, cardio and weight lifting. I am already toned and shaped well from all the gymnastic but I want to get just a little bigger (heavier) I never got any bigger than 110 pounds(tops). I have to admit that I don’t have a good diet I'm a junk food Quinn, eat anything, everything at anytime -a lot of sweets and still not getting any weight on my bones so I can transform that body fat into muscle or something like that if it's even possible. My arms are very muscular and toned now, but my legs aren't. What should I do? What do I need to do to gain weight or muscle? Can u gain muscle without gaining weight? Please let me know. And like I said eating is not an issue with me. I am thinking were the f$%$ does all that food go and why I have a hard time putting weight on. It is really frustrating. :(

Any advice is welcome. thank you.

just from your pic you have a great foundation to work with. Already being in good shape is being a plus. I think diet is your answer, try taking in a few whey protein shakes every day. you say your focus is lower body,,, do you do lower body exercise?

Comment

Working...
            X