Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 goals, 3 nutrition plans (really basic, easy stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 goals, 3 nutrition plans (really basic, easy stuff)

Goal 1: Fatloss This is for those who just want to lose fat, muscle isn't much of a priority. Start off the day with a protein/carb meal. Carbs should be from a low G.I. source (oatmeal, oat bran, brown rice etc). No fat with this meal. If you lift, do it after this meal and then have a similar meal PWO. If you're not lifting on this day than meal 1 was your last carb meal of the day. You should eat at least 5 more small protein/fat meals spaced out throughout the day. Examples of meals: Steak and broccoli, a protein shake with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, a chicken salad, an omelette with mushrooms, etc. Don't worry about small amounts of carbs from stuff like nuts and vegetables. Eat 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight, minimum (1.5 grams on work-out days). Cardio at least once a day before bed after your last meal (a brisk walk after meal number 1 on non-workout days is a good idea too).

Mass Gain This is really easy. Eat alot. 2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight. Lots of whole eggs. Lots of good carbs. PWO: 100 grams of whey protein and 100 grams of sugar (ideally WMS, dextrose or malto). The only restriction when in a mass-gaining phase IMO should be no high- G.I. carbs except PWO unless you're one of those lucky bastards that just can't get fat.

Lose fat and gain muscle This is the most difficult goal of course so the strategy for this one is more extreme. Basically you're going to eat carbs and protein on workout days and protein/fats on non-workout days. It's the same theory as diets where you eat carbs/protein during the first part of the day and protein/fat later in the day but it works a little better IMO. This isn't going to work at all if you lift every day because you'll just be eating carbs all day every day (duh), but as far as I'm concerned there's no reason to lift more than 4 days per week unless you have pro-bodybuilder genetics and recovery ability. I think it goes without saying that carb sources should as be low G.I. (except PWO). Fat sources on non-workout days should be as healthy as possible (at least 50%). I know of 4 people who maintained or gained weight doing this while dropping bodyfat (and 1 guy who got fat as hell doing it, go figure).

good overall but 1 thing that really stands out that i don't like. 100grams of protein and 100 grams of crabs post workout is WAY to much not matter who you are. should be more around 35/40 etc..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
      good overall but 1 thing that really stands out that i don't like. 100grams of protein and 100 grams of crabs post workout is WAY to much not matter who you are. should be more around 35/40 etc..

I'm not really one to nitpick typos, but "100 grams of crabs" was funny :D

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
        I'm not really one to nitpick typos, but "100 grams of crabs" was funny :D
        ha, didnt even see that.

Comment

Excellent post

Comment

Thats just for the mass gain one tho, not worried bout getting fat.

Comment

On the flip side i remember reading somewhere that you can only absorb a certain amount of protein in one sitting....?

Comment

40 grams of carbs is about right for anyone who isn't in an all-out mass phase, but I believe anybody who trains hard needs 75 grams of protein PWO (at least). I'm 260 or so right now and I can handle 100 grams of whey (maybe more). If I tried that any other time I'd be on the toilet pretty quick so that leads to believe I'm absorbing it. At any rate, I'd rather take in too much PWO than too little, especially if I'm bulking.

Comment

I like the post. Nice job.
                  just to add my 2 cents I do 3 scoops of whey and 100g of carbs PWO

Comment

i am telling ya guys, 100 grams of carbs and protein post workout is going to waste. it is just not being used. just because you dont get the shits from it does not mean it is being absorbed.

Comment

i am telling ya guys, 100 grams of carbs and protein post workout is going to waste. it is just not being used. just because you dont get the shits from it does not mean it is being absorbed.
                      So do you know how much you can absorb in one sitting?

Comment

Originally posted by redback
                        everyone is different but 100/100 mix is to much for anyone. i would go 50/50 max.

Comment

Originally posted by redback

You body can process roughly 35-60 grams of protien an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekrawulf
                            You body can process roughly 35-60 grams of protien an hour.

There are many, many variables to that.

-Muscle mass
                            -Metabolism
                            -type of protein
                            -individuals digestive system
                            -training (weight lifting)
                            -fat/carbohydrate intake
                            -steroids

Comment

Originally posted by Control
                              There are many, many variables to that.

-Muscle mass
                              -Metabolism
                              -type of protein
                              -individuals digestive system
                              -training (weight lifting)
                              -fat/carbohydrate intake
                              -steroids
                              i agree, but you can add all those variables together and the body will still not use a 100 g carb and 100 g protein shake. not even close.

Comment

Working...
                              X