Body for Life Challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body for Life Challenge?

Is the body for life challenge a good program or just a sales gimmick? Has anyone here taken the challenge with any good results to report? I'm reading the book I purchased from 1/2 price books. It's interesting...

It just uses basic bodybuilding diet and training principles.

That was a popular book in the 90's.

Comment

is that bill phillips book

Comment

Yes it's B Phillips. Are the principles worth following or would I be better off taken direction on this site?

Comment

Originally posted by CWIL
          Yes it's B Phillips. Are the principles worth following or would I be better off taken direction on this site?
          the principles are the same bro. phillips wrote the book to make money. here you can get that same info for free and ask questions on something you might not understand. i would say this site is the better choice. :)

Comment

like bouncer has stated its basic bodybuilding principles.i see no harm in following them...i remember phillips mag muscle media 2000...it was a good mag until he became all anti gear and really started pushing his products

Comment

Wow remember when that mag used to discuss EVERYTHING - it was like the "hardcore" mag for its time.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                Wow remember when that mag used to discuss EVERYTHING - it was like the "hardcore" mag for its time.
                it really opened my eyes to what the pros where up 2....had pics of gear and everything

Comment

The book has some incredible before and after pics. Im not sure how some of them did it without gear...

Comment

The book has some incredible before and after pics. Im not sure how some of them did it without gear...
                    some of them may have.

Comment

90s oh yeah. I tried it back then and Oh well it is not bad to give you a start. I followed the plan only about 6 weeks and it worked nicely, geez that was like in 1998 or 99..

I actually eat way more calories now and have made way better loss/gains!

Comment

What modifications to the BFL challenge would give me better gains? The diet seems straight forward but there seems to be alot of exercises to smaller muscle groups. Is that appropriate for a beginner or should I stay with major muscle group exercises (squats, bench, presses...) ? Is the diet clean enough? I like controls beginner mass diet with one cheat meal a day. BFL allows one whole day of gluteny...

Comment

What modifications to the BFL challenge would give me better gains? The diet seems straight forward but there seems to be alot of exercises to smaller muscle groups. Is that appropriate for a beginner or should I stay with major muscle group exercises (squats, bench, presses...) ? Is the diet clean enough? I like controls beginner mass diet with one cheat meal a day. BFL allows one whole day of gluteny...
                          follow diet and training routines posted here bro. never mind the book. look around at some different diets and training routines. put together a routine for yourself and then post it. we will help you critique it.

Comment

lol, i started a similar program in 1985, after i'd been training for several years, works like a charm

then i read the book in like 2000/2001 or so, and roflmao, cause i'd been doing this stuff since 1985

if i was too start over, IMHO

I'd do two on, mon tue, wed off, on thur friday
                            only basic compound movements, like controls old post, all those isolation movements really are not neccesary imho

here is the key

CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY

change things up every now and then

eat a good diet, meaning at times u need too log stuff and count calories so u know your on track

imho, if u got the book, it is a great road too be on, just tweek it for what works best for u over time

folks entirely overestimate what they can do in a year, and underestimate what they can do in a decade

if you're just starting out, pick some simple goals like

work out for ten weeks
                            eat better than right now for ten weeks

at week seven see how ur doing

evaluate how your progress is in week ten

then repeat the process by trying too be a little better each ten week cycle

so, you've gone thru 5 cycles for the year

at the end of the year u should have basically ingrained those habits for life, so now that u have the base habits, u can work on the other stuff over the next 50 years first

comprende'

Comment

Originally posted by trip
                              lol, i started a similar program in 1985, after i'd been training for several years, works like a charm

then i read the book in like 2000/2001 or so, and roflmao, cause i'd been doing this stuff since 1985

if i was too start over, IMHO

I'd do two on, mon tue, wed off, on thur friday
                              only basic compound movements, like controls old post, all those isolation movements really are not neccesary imho

here is the key

CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY CONSISTENCY

change things up every now and then

eat a good diet, meaning at times u need too log stuff and count calories so u know your on track

imho, if u got the book, it is a great road too be on, just tweek it for what works best for u over time

folks entirely overestimate what they can do in a year, and underestimate what they can do in a decade

if you're just starting out, pick some simple goals like

work out for ten weeks
                              eat better than right now for ten weeks

at week seven see how ur doing

evaluate how your progress is in week ten

then repeat the process by trying too be a little better each ten week cycle

so, you've gone thru 5 cycles for the year

at the end of the year u should have basically ingrained those habits for life, so now that u have the base habits, u can work on the other stuff over the next 50 years first

comprende'
                              great info, good to see you posting a little more. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X