keeping a workout notebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping a workout notebook

for those who write everything down, what are the most important things to jot down in a notebook? I havent yet started to do so was wondering where to start?

I dont keep a notebook but the point of one is to write down your sets, reps, and weights used so you can keep track of your progress.

Personally I don't have the patience to write down everything after each set.

Comment

I write down the following:

1. Exercise name
      2. Weight
      3. # of reps.

When I get back to my desk at work (I work out during work hours), I enter the information into a spreadsheet. It does two things: 1) keeps track of your long-term progress and 2) gives a target for the next workout. For example, if I could manage 8 reps with X lb DBs, I try the next day to try X+2.5 or X+5 lbs. Keeping a record helps me plan a workout better.

Comment

I did this when i first started but could nevr stick to it, maybe you could use your book to write down all the ladies numbers you meet in the gym

Comment

I keep one now because I have to show my coach what my training is all about. But I don't carry it around in the gym. I keep a mental note of what I did and then log it when I get in the car. I stink @ this

I also keep online journals...

Good luck. After a while you should have it all in a mental note!

Comment

I can usually remember my workouts pretty accurately in my head. I can remember what weights I was doing with what lifts for any general time frame in the last year or so. It gets me more motivated when I realize I am repping out certain lifts for 8 or so when I used to only be able to get it once or not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
              I write down the following:

1. Exercise name
              2. Weight
              3. # of reps.

I do this as well as keep a diary of what I eat, which I find is more important. For that I put:

Calories, What the food was, Protein, Fat, and Carb Contents. Started when I was like 17 and really have only stopped during really bad points in my life.

Comment

Working...
              X