Need a good Home Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good Home Gym

I have been body building for about 3 years now. We have recently moved due to a job change and now live well out of range of any gyms. Even if I lived by a gym, my work hours ars o crazy that I could never make it there anyways. I am looking to get a home gym that I can still put muscle on with. I seriously dont even have time anymore to mess with free weights. My buddy was telling my to get the Bowflex Ultimate 2 or the Bowflex Revolution, but I was told that there are better ones than those. Any suggestions on a good Home gym for 3.5k or less?

Well I have a question. You could build a gym with all the basics using free weights well within that price range. I dont understand how you "dont have time to mess with free weights" but you do have time for something like a bowflex. The workout is the same length. Maybe I misunderstood what you are saying?

Comment

for 3.5 k you can build a nice gym full of free weights

Comment

i think maybe he was saying that he just doesn't like or want to lift free weights anymore. thats ok, its not for everyone. i would just hate to see you through your money away on an over priced machine that does the job half as well.

Comment

the bowflex system loks crap, you'd be better with a power rack and a barbell

Comment

I'm actually in about the same boat as Sep, however I live in a 2 bedroom apt so space is an issue. I have looked into Bowflex but I am hesitant mainly because of price point. Is there anything that you guys recommend to cover the basics and help with maintaining what I have.
            Thanks

Comment

Well nobody has a more erratic schedule than I do. I am up at 12:30 1:00 am everyday and work till 2:00 pm if I am lucky I can get away. That said I have had several home gyms. The 1st thing you need is space and then you have to use it wisely. My current gym is all Bodycraft and if nothing else you need a Power rack, adjustable flat bench, Swiss Ball, and a set of dumbbells, (Power Blocks or Dial wts) Regular dumbbell sets take up too much room. With these pieces you can do just about anything. and of coarse you need an Olympic wt set preferably a steel set and not cast

Comment

Originally posted by Septooth View Post
                I have been body building for about 3 years now. We have recently moved due to a job change and now live well out of range of any gyms. Even if I lived by a gym, my work hours ars o crazy that I could never make it there anyways. I am looking to get a home gym that I can still put muscle on with. I seriously dont even have time anymore to mess with free weights. My buddy was telling my to get the Bowflex Ultimate 2 or the Bowflex Revolution, but I was told that there are better ones than those. Any suggestions on a good Home gym for 3.5k or less?
                get a dumbbell rack (or newer adjustable dumbbells) and a bench press that inclines and declines

Comment

i have a parabody rack, dumbells, bars, i got the pulley attachment on it, dip attachment it has a bar to do pull ups on, and my bench is adjustable with an attachment for leg curls and extensions that attach to the pulley system i love this stuff for home and it didnt cost to much about 3k brand new i already had a treadmill and life fitness x9 eliptical, i got parabody equipment and love it, i also purchased about 8 4x8 rubber matts 3/4 inch thick to save my floor sometimes i drop weight but do some research stay away from the crap machines from dicks sports authority etc find places like omni fitness key2fitness or lifefitness stores around you and you love them, theres also a new company im selling some of their equipment called raptor from promaxima and there stuff isnt that expensive its industrial strength but cheaper. check it out
                  Raptor Muscle Machines: Homepage

maybe i can look into some discounts from the gym for you where i sell this stuff and let yo uknow about shipping all there orders come out of dallas so its not that far from you

Comment

Working...
                  X