Announcement

Collapse

Advertising Inquiries

See more
See less

The problems with typical bodybuilding splits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nekrawulf
    replied
    Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    not sure what you are saying here. are you basically saying that everything you have said in this thread may be wrong in that you haven't gotten any stronger?

    maybe i misread.
    Training major muscle groups wont make him stronger in bi isolation exercises. It will make him stronger in more functional movement.

    Point in case, I can clean much more now than I could 30 lbs heavier, but I cant even come close to my preacher curl max.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bouncer
    replied
    Originally posted by Control View Post
    I actually tried do arms on their own day again just to mix things up. I wasn't any stronger on my arm exercises than I am after training major muscle groups.
    not sure what you are saying here. are you basically saying that everything you have said in this thread may be wrong in that you haven't gotten any stronger?

    maybe i misread.

    Leave a comment:


  • Control
    replied
    I actually tried do arms on their own day again just to mix things up. I wasn't any stronger on my arm exercises than I am after training major muscle groups.

    Leave a comment:


  • The_Grinder
    replied
    Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
    Well thats why I do the big squats cause I don't have ass. Maybe if I used some a.a.s. I would grow an ass. I knew that would get me in trouble but I didn't realize what I had written until I was driving.
    Thanks Control when I plateau I will definitely give it a look or whatever it takes to break it. As for diet I am tired of eating. I am thinking about cutting just so I can stop eating all the time.
    Add some light cardio to increase your appetite.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3v1lj03
    replied
    Well thats why I do the big squats cause I don't have ass. Maybe if I used some a.a.s. I would grow an ass. I knew that would get me in trouble but I didn't realize what I had written until I was driving.
    Thanks Control when I plateau I will definitely give it a look or whatever it takes to break it. As for diet I am tired of eating. I am thinking about cutting just so I can stop eating all the time.
    Last edited by 3v1lj03; 04-26-08, 11:55 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • coffee-guy
    replied
    Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
    I wanna see those 20 " arms.
    Control hasn't ever posted pictures that I'm aware of but Mr. Incredible's arms are definitely near the 19 to 20 inch mark bro...

    Leave a comment:


  • dna9488
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
    Strength gains, but since I started the routine at the beginning of my feeble attempt at cutting not much in the way of size. My back is getting much stronger. I started the routine deadlifting 315 as my last set which was 3 reps. Just yesterday my last set was 3 reps of 375. Also when I started I could do about 8 good pull-ups with my bodyweight. Just yesterday I ended off with 10 reps with 35 pounds strapped on a belt.

    WOW man, thats really good, keep it up

    Leave a comment:


  • The_Grinder
    replied
    Originally posted by dna9488 View Post
    Have you seen any gains????
    Strength gains, but since I started the routine at the beginning of my feeble attempt at cutting not much in the way of size. My back is getting much stronger. I started the routine deadlifting 315 as my last set which was 3 reps. Just yesterday my last set was 3 reps of 375. Also when I started I could do about 8 good pull-ups with my bodyweight. Just yesterday I ended off with 10 reps with 35 pounds strapped on a belt.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bouncer
    replied
    Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
    I have gained 28 lbs of lbm in 34 weeks on a 5 day split what can I expect from your type of workout. BTW no A.s.s in my supplements either
    that depends on more factors that just a training split. diet is key in weight gain.

    also, its AAS as in Anabolic/Androgenic Steroids. not ASS. :)

    Leave a comment:


  • dna9488
    replied
    Originally posted by 3v1lj03 View Post
    I have gained 28 lbs of lbm in 34 weeks on a 5 day split what can I expect from your type of workout. BTW no A.s.s in my supplements either
    Well it depends one each person. Your diet, gene's, workout regement will have an impact on how you gain mass

    Once you start to plauteu, you can try this workout regement

    Thats what i did, and i am feeling each workout and seeing slight gains within these 2 weeks.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3v1lj03
    replied
    I have gained 28 lbs of lbm in 34 weeks on a 5 day split what can I expect from your type of workout. BTW no A.s.s in my supplements either

    Leave a comment:


  • dna9488
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Grinder View Post
    I've been at this split for a month and a half or so. Can't say for sure that it works WAY better than body part splits but my focus is tons better now that I can switch which lifts I do every workout. I added heavy Good-Mornings to pull day as a deadlift substitute every now and then. It is really helping my deadlift numbers.

    Have you seen any gains????

    Leave a comment:


  • The_Grinder
    replied
    I've been at this split for a month and a half or so. Can't say for sure that it works WAY better than body part splits but my focus is tons better now that I can switch which lifts I do every workout. I added heavy Good-Mornings to pull day as a deadlift substitute every now and then. It is really helping my deadlift numbers.

    Leave a comment:


  • 3v1lj03
    replied
    I wanna see those 20 " arms.

    Leave a comment:


  • dna9488
    replied
    Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
    good to hear dna. keep at it.
    Thanks bro :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X