Never let the envious and jealous stop you from your goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never let the envious and jealous stop you from your goals

I do not know if this is the best place for this, I think it is really for people just starting down the road of weight training/bodybuilding.

I myself have only been working out for around 3 years and I deal with people all the time trying to cut me down. I thinking it is mostly envy that a person can be so commited to something or that they are truly jealous of what we have accomplished.

As, I have said, I started training with someone. He had lightly worked out before, just mandatory stuff for high school football, and training in the airforce. Now that it has been about two months of working out and the fat is burning off him and he is getting bigger, people are already trying to discourage him. Saying things like "your still small, I could still kick your ass", or "what you wanna get big and musclular? That's disgusting." Even his girlfriend says things to try to get him to stop going.

I will see people all the time and they say, "You getting smaller? or "why you going to the gym you just look the same", come to find out later they are saying to people, "hey, he's getting big", or something to that effect. Take all this negativity and use it in the gym because the bigger you grow the more they will hate themselves for being so pathetic.

Just remember that people will always try to cut you down in life when they see you suceeding, and I believe the gym is one area were they try to do it the most, because they are just to lazy or and do not have enough self-control to accomplish what is neccessary to suceed in the gym.

Good post. Use those comments to push you harder and in another few years you will be glad you kept at it. Remember its a marathon not a sprint.

Comment

Man, I cannot say how much this rings true right now. Good read and it's right on, I don't let anyone at the gym get to me, I'm there for one reason: to improve myself.

Comment

I see it often. Some say because I MOD many7 boards that I think I know it all. Just BS!!!!!!!

I Mod to help......simply put...

gator

Comment

Originally posted by Gator_Mclusky View Post
          I see it often. Some say because I MOD many7 boards that I think I know it all. Just BS!!!!!!!

I Mod to help......simply put...

gator
          You findin it more online that you get the remarks or in person? And I appreciate you putting time out to help on the boards around, props.

Comment

Trust me, I had loads o people all mt life including freinds, now there in their 30's after 10 years of drinking and taking shit, there with their five bellies looking like shit and they're like, so how do you, what can I blah blah and I'm like "go see you doctor or something"

Paybacks a bitch

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
              Trust me, I had loads o people all mt life including freinds, now there in their 30's after 10 years of drinking and taking shit, there with their five bellies looking like shit and they're like, so how do you, what can I blah blah and I'm like "go see you doctor or something"

Paybacks a bitch
              Yes it is :agreed:

Comment

Everyones got a fucking opinion of what you should do with your body. It drives me crazy. Never thought I would ignore my family so much.

Comment

Good post, you nailed it. And the majority of people who try to cut you down are out of shape losers. Think about it, when a slob says that used to be bigger than you, I just say wtf happened...you look like shit now.

Comment

Originally posted by liftsiron View Post
                    Good post, you nailed it. And the majority of people who try to cut you down are out of shape losers. Think about it, when a slob says that used to be bigger than you, I just say wtf happened...you look like shit now.
                    :agreed: Doesn't matter what you were, it matters what you are.

Comment

I think this is especially the case with lifting because people think it's an obsessive sport.

Comment

The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.

Comment

Originally posted by beomayd View Post
                          The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer.
                          Who is this goon? Bouncer kick this guy off.

Comment

Originally posted by Konitz View Post
                            Who is this goon? Bouncer kick this guy off.
                            He may have just been a spammer. He had some add stuff in another language in his sig that I removed. If we kicked new people off if their first few posts were weird or random a lot of you all wouldn't be here :hibb:

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby View Post
                              He may have just been a spammer. He had some add stuff in another language in his sig that I removed. If we kicked new people off if their first few posts were weird or random a lot of you all wouldn't be here :hibb:
                              They did it to me twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X