Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting weightlifting at 30. Possible to grow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting weightlifting at 30. Possible to grow?

Hi, I've decided to change my lifestyle. I quit playing video games and being lazy. I started a healthy diet and signed for a gym. Basically my question is. I have weak muscles and I'm 30 years old. Is it possible to grow some decent muscles at my age if I'm dedicated and follow a good diet and exercises?

absolutely!

search for a guy named Don Youngblood.

he didnt start lifting until his late 30's and went on to become masters mr olympia.

Comment

Originally posted by asere22 View Post
      Hi, I've decided to change my lifestyle. I quit playing video games and being lazy. I started a healthy diet and signed for a gym. Basically my question is. I have weak muscles and I'm 30 years old. Is it possible to grow some decent muscles at my age if I'm dedicated and follow a good diet and exercises?
      Never to late bro. Just dont expect to look like arnold over night but it will come

Comment

great age to start actually, you could well make good progress 30 year old muscle loves weights, just don't go too heavy too early and always use proper form

Comment

Stay dedicated and your life will become much better brother - the weights always give you a reason to stay dedicated.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys, I'm loving this forum already. Can't wait to go to the gym today.

Comment

Agreed with everything everyone else has said. Moreover, look on the bright side. You will be actually getting stronger, losing weight and looking more athletic when most people in their thirties are sliding inexorably towards an out-of-shape existence.

Comment

Its true, sometimes you see guys on the treadmill who run forever and still look shit and never get leaner, weight lifting gets you pumping the musacles up and making the food you eat work.

Comment

Its true, sometimes you see guys on the treadmill who run forever and still look shit and never get leaner, weight lifting gets you pumping the musacles up and making the food you eat work.

Comment

welcome to SM. At 30 you can definitely do it. Make sure your diet is on point along with your exercise regiment.
                    Work hard and stay dedicated, your goals will be achieved

Comment

Do you have a training partner bro ?

Comment

I have a co-worker that is going with me most of the time but he's a rookie like me. But my cousin has been going to the gym for a few years and he calls me every day to check what I do and give me tips, plus I'm always trying to learn and get info online.

Comment

Welcome to the new life. Learning is a great thing. Take in everything that you can, and slowly tailor it as you find what works best for you. You know your body best. Good luck growing.

Comment

Keep reading and learning, not only do you learn new things but it keeps you motivated. Most of us wish we had started earlier but for me it has just been more motivation to stay on the ball with my diet. Plus, now that youre older your life is probably more stable and it will be easier to stay consistent

Comment

30's certainly isn't very old ay all, your gains should be great.

Comment

Working...
                              X