A must read for beginners!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A must read for beginners!

I'm 40 years old and I've been training on and off for about 21 years. I grew up reading Muscle and Fitness and taking heed to what I read, even though month after month one article contradicted the next...and I changed my routine to follow suit. I bought every supplement under the sun because Dorian Yates and Lee Haney used them, who knew they really didn't and were just getting a pay check for saying they did? I trained my body twice a week and went heavy on every set and every rep. The more you're in the gym the bigger you can get, right? I didn't get very much sleep, because when you're young, "who needs sleep." I ate fairly well (at times), but drank a lot and had cheat meals often as well.

I first used AAS when I was 19 and had never heard of PCT, so technique was to taper off. In the end I lost about 80 to 90% of my gains. What's even funnier is that until just recently (a couple of years ago) I used AAS again (Deca to be exact) and still didn't know about PCT. Lost most of that in the end as well. It wasn't until just a handful of months ago I found Superior Muscle and learned quite a bit about the things I had been doing wrong for about 20 years. I asked a lot of questions when I hit the boards and quickly found out that it was all here, you just had to read. However, my questions were answered even though the answer was within the profiles or threads.

I can tell you now that I've learned an enormous amount from the information within this site and the guys who are on here as well. I honestly think I've done more good in the last few months than I've done in the last 20 years. That's not to say I haven't ever made gains, but had I been doing it correctly all these years I would be a monster by now. I ensure I get plenty of rest. I work my entire body in a week and nothing more, no matter how good I feel and want to keep training. I eat fairly well for where I'm at, but I cannot control what I have access to. That said, my calorie intake is pretty good and I now know the difference between the different types of protein among other nutritional items to be aware of. When I go to train I do a lot of basic moves and stay away from "fancy" workouts that I once followed that some bodybuilder said would strip fat and put muscles on. When it comes to form, my old training partner taught me well in that aspect...FORM is key to isolate the muscle group you are training and to avoid injury.

Finally, when it comes to AAS this site is phenomenal. Though I've only done one cycle since my "education," I would say that for the most part it went well. Some shoulder pain cut it short, but so far with proper PCT things are going very well compared to the past. I'd go into more detail about AAS, but it's all here. I'm looking forward to my training future with the help of SP.

As for other beginners, read everything within the "Beginners" threads and anything else you want to know about bodybuilding within other threads, but I would say this, "listen to what you read and listen to the answers of the questions you've posted." No one on here will steer you in the wrong direction. I'm starting to sound like SP muscle is paying me for this, so I'll go. Don't make the same mistakes that I've made as a beginner!

Good post dude and thank you for sharing you experience

Comment

Good post man, thanks.

Comment

Appreciate the feedback, thanks.

Comment

That's great, saving some others 20 years of fumbling around...

Comment

I just wish they had sites like this when I started out!

Comment

good shit homey!

Comment

Working...
              X