Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the...

200 lb club!!!:thumup::thumup:

Well its been a few rough months with an arm injury and not being able to train. Been back in the gym for about a month now and all is going well. Last year (March) I was 235 with a 42 in waist and a sloppy piece of shit. Started working out eating clean to get back in shape. By Feb of this year I was down to about 192 with a 34.5 in waist and cut up again. I started a slow bulk just before I got hurt. I continued the slow bulk although I couldnt work out in the gym I did a lot of low impact cardio and continued with eating more. Now for the last month I have quit most of the cardio and been back lifting... I weighed back in today at 200 lbs again:thumup: I have gained about 1/2 in on the waist and lost sight of those lower abs but thats to be expected. I'm hoping I can get up to about 210 by the new year and still be pretty leaned out. Then if all goes well by next year when I turn 50 I hope to be around 220 if I can do it..:thumup: work in progress boys work in progress...I would love to get back to where I was in my late 30's at 235 and a 35 in waist... but I think thats gonna be a tough nut to crack at my age. be good to have that size back one day... Anyway..it feels good to be back in the 200 club!!!:agreed:

Originally posted by lipripper
    200 lb club!!!:thumup::thumup:

Well its been a few rough months with an arm injury and not being able to train. Been back in the gym for about a month now and all is going well. Last year (March) I was 235 with a 42 in waist and a sloppy piece of shit. Started working out eating clean to get back in shape. By Feb of this year I was down to about 192 with a 34.5 in waist and cut up again. I started a slow bulk just before I got hurt. I continued the slow bulk although I couldnt work out in the gym I did a lot of low impact cardio and continued with eating more. Now for the last month I have quit most of the cardio and been back lifting... I weighed back in today at 200 lbs again:thumup: I have gained about 1/2 in on the waist and lost sight of those lower abs but thats to be expected. I'm hoping I can get up to about 210 by the new year and still be pretty leaned out. Then if all goes well by next year when I turn 50 I hope to be around 220 if I can do it..:thumup: work in progress boys work in progress...I would love to get back to where I was in my late 30's at 235 and a 35 in waist... but I think thats gonna be a tough nut to crack at my age. be good to have that size back one day... Anyway..it feels good to be back in the 200 club!!!:agreed:
    Good for you bro. Keep going!

Comment

Cool, good job! Not sure I agree with you cutting out cardio completely though. Maybe you can drop the real aggressive stuff but keep the more moderate cardio in, say at 65% of max heart rate. That way you don't lose your CV fitness completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        Cool, good job! Not sure I agree with you cutting out cardio completely though. Maybe you can drop the real aggressive stuff but keep the more moderate cardio in, say at 65% of max heart rate. That way you don't lose your CV fitness completely.
        Im still doing a little Scrum.:agreed:.just not like I was brother. if I see that I'm gaining a bit where I'm starting to look sloppy I'll pick it up a notch.I can always turn it up to burn off if I need to. On thing I started this week believe it or not my entire work outs I'm supersetting for an hour. Dude...thats about like doing cardio at the same time... Its a serious ass kicker!!!LOL.

Comment

Awesome bro! Looking forward to reading about your progress. I would just do cardio on your off days. Don't do road running - at 48 after a lifetime of humping a ruck in the army, your knees probably don't need more abuse. A fast walk is enough to get your heart rate up. Trail running is good - easier on the knees if you live close to trails.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
            Awesome bro! Looking forward to reading about your progress. I would just do cardio on your off days. Don't do road running - at 48 after a lifetime of humping a ruck in the army, your knees probably don't need more abuse. A fast walk is enough to get your heart rate up. Trail running is good - easier on the knees if you live close to trails.
            knees I can normally live with..what kills me is first thing in the morning..feet ankles and achillies .... dude I walk like an old man till I get the pain out.. all wobbly and shit...:rofl:

Comment

Working...
            X