Determined but lost. Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determined but lost. Need some advice

So 3 years ago I was in descent shape. 215 and in the gym regularly. AND THEN weed happened, and then a gf, and then a breakup, and then lots of pizza and tv with the guys. 3 years later and BOOM 270 lbs! So needless to say I need to get back to where I was and then pick up where I left off. The problem is, I've forgotten a lot of what I knew about working out. For the past week I've been in the gym every day but I don't feel like I'm being efficient as I used to be. My current schedule is a 3 day cycle: back/bi's, chest/tri's, shoulders/traps. Beyond that, there's not much structure in my workouts (ie. keeping track of how many sets/reps, targeting different parts of a muscle, and so on) Does anyone have any recommendations for maximizing my gains?

P.S eggs for breakfast and fish/chicken and kale make up the majority of my diet. I try and keep carbs out of my diet for the most part cause I'm trying to lose 60-70 lbs

Btw, Merry Christmas Eve everybody

Comment

You have not mentioned the two most important things - how many calories you are consuming (versus your maintenance level) and what, if any, cardio you are doing.

Comment

Yea, I can tell by your post your mindset is still off. You talk about training and then only mention diet as a sort of side note.

Weight training has nothing to do with your problem. DIET and CARDIO is what you need to be focused on.

Comment

Well I'm not sure about the calories. It's probably not a whole lot but I will check on that. The reason I only mentioned diet as a side note is because I already know what I have to do for my diet and if I didn't mention that, somebody would give me a lecture about how diet is more important than weight training. I've already changed my diet. But what I'm curious about is how to maximize muscle gains because the more muscle you have, the more fat/calories you burn. Correct?

Comment

And also, before every workout I do the bike for 30 minutes. Keeping my heart rate at 140-155. I am 21

Comment

You are right, but first concentrate on weight loss losing fat will get toned body. You can gain muscle easily on toned body.

Comment

Originally posted by Rlziggy View Post
                So 3 years ago I was in descent shape. 215 and in the gym regularly. AND THEN weed happened, and then a gf, and then a breakup, and then lots of pizza and tv with the guys. 3 years later and BOOM 270 lbs! So needless to say I need to get back to where I was and then pick up where I left off. The problem is, I've forgotten a lot of what I knew about working out. For the past week I've been in the gym every day but I don't feel like I'm being efficient as I used to be. My current schedule is a 3 day cycle: back/bi's, chest/tri's, shoulders/traps. Beyond that, there's not much structure in my workouts (ie. keeping track of how many sets/reps, targeting different parts of a muscle, and so on) Does anyone have any recommendations for maximizing my gains?

P.S eggs for breakfast and fish/chicken and kale make up the majority of my diet. I try and keep carbs out of my diet for the most part cause I'm trying to lose 60-70 lbs

I would keep it simple in the begining after a lengthy layoff
                I would do something like this:

MON: Chest,Shoulders,Tris
                Wed: Legs (Thighs,hams,calves) Abs
                Fri: Back, Biceps

Just do 3 sets per bodypart with weight that alows 12-15 reps.

Comment

You need to start counting calories. The battle is lost if you don't start there.

Comment

Working...
                  X