Hey guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys

Hello everyone! Im new to weightlifting and just healthy eating and exercise in general. Im just a little confused on what i should do. Im also done setting up a weight lifting room in my basement and im so excited for it. But i know that most people would also suggest to do cardio and i agree. But i sotra have trouble with cardio because my left ankle has screws in it and doing cardio causes it to hurt. So should i keep doing weights or lose some weight and do cardio? Here are pictures of me and i weigh 163lbs. (Im 15 btw)
    Attached Files

At 15 your still growing bro. Weight training is fine but I wouldn't really recommend cardio right now actually. Once you really get into weight training and put on some muscle you will burn fat from that alone.

Train smart, don't use weights you can't properly lift with good form.

All you have to do at your age is eat smart and train smart and you will grow like a weed bro.

Comment

Don't ego lift...like B said work with weight you can handle properly. I'm a firm believer in light weights high reps and lots of sets.Eating right is HUGE!¡!
      Good luck..never quit.

Comment

I wouldn't say "light weights". Just weights you can handle properly for 10-15 reps without being sloppy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
          I wouldn't say "light weights". Just weights you can handle properly for 10-15 reps without being sloppy.
          I agree..that's what I mean when I say light weights

Comment

Originally posted by Aniell_Palino View Post
            Hello everyone! Im new to weightlifting and just healthy eating and exercise in general. Im just a little confused on what i should do. Im also done setting up a weight lifting room in my basement and im so excited for it. But i know that most people would also suggest to do cardio and i agree. But i sotra have trouble with cardio because my left ankle has screws in it and doing cardio causes it to hurt. So should i keep doing weights or lose some weight and do cardio? Here are pictures of me and i weigh 163lbs. (Im 15 btw)
            Just weights work fine for you. If you are interested in cardio it will cause severe problems as you are getting pain in your left leg.

Comment

At your age I would do exactly what these guys have recommended. If you train smart & eat right your body would start changing fast. Been trying to get my 15 year old son to workout for a while now. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
              X