Phil Heath 2009 vs Cutler and Coleman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Heath 2009 vs Cutler and Coleman

The day when they all stood on stage together. It was a guest posing for all 3 at the 2009 Dexter Jackson Classic. Ronnie and Jay were well past their prime. This was before Phil destroyed his body playing the size game. He only went backwards from here. He needed no improvement at all. Just needed to maintain that look. The only thing that grew on him after 2009 was his midsection. He looked unbelievable at that time.

Looking at Ronnie now, this seems like a lifetime ago. You said all that needs to be said about Phil, Bouncer. Was Jay that much smarter? Or did he surround himself with smarter people or people that weren't short sighted and helped him realize that he wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of his life and all that goes with winning multiple Olympias if he didn't exercise some measure of self control when it came to his body. Maybe his people cared more and intelligence had nothing to do with it?

Whatever the case, Jay has to consider himself extremely fortunate to be in the position he's in today. The pressure he was under back then had to be more than most of us will experience in our lifetime. It would have been easy to give in to that pressure. We'd be looking at much different looking Jay Cutler if he had. A tip of the hat to the man.

At the same time, I am grateful to have been witness to what a genetically gifted human being can do and morph into when he gives EVERYTHING to achieve his goals and go so far beyond what a regular man can do as far as pushing the limits and going far beyond what any other human being has ever achieved. I feel Ronnie was it as far as what he was willing to give. Meaning that I don't believe anyone has yet to surpass Ronnie when it comes to how far he pushed himself where intensity/training is concerned as well as Pharmacokinetics & Pharmacodynamics.

We don't know exactly what Ronnie ingested but from what the rumors were and what we saw transform in front of our eyes the year he showed up and was barely recognizable from the previous year, it had to be fucking crazy. There had been talk of 126iu's every day for lengths of time. That's an entire kit of Serostim a day for several weeks at a time. I can't believe that but who knows?

I can't remember the year off the top of my head. Someone will. It was a sight to behold. He was even able to build some on top of what he had become but that one year transformation has to be considered the most remarkable in the history of the sport.

As far as Phil is concerned, I respect what he achieved, but I also have a hard time getting excited about him. The way he went out...he had many believing we were going to see something special and he only added to the hype and expectations with his silence going into his last Olympia. It was a let down that left people shaking their heads and wondering why he bothered. He only hurt his legacy.

Comment

all of them looks great

Comment

Working...
      X