Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some precontest '05 Olympia pics

http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/pre-o...2005-pictures/

OFFICIAL NOTICE: LEE has pulled out of the Olympia!!! (By Bob Cicherillo)

His decision is based on his disapproval with the way the show is run and handled, he believes he has to stick to his word. The contract for the show is totally restricting and one sided all the way for the promoters to the point it is disrespectful to the athletes in some instances.

The promoters requirements of the Athletes prior to the event is totally unnessacery and shows no compassion for the competitors. The athletes have to participate in promotional products for the promoter which have the potential to earn millions of dollars with not one cent being given back to the athlete. The athlete has to sigh away his rights to image and likeness for promotional and product endorsement with no financial compensation what so ever, plus in most cases go against there Sponcers obligations and rights.

All the athlete gets to be at the Super Bowl of Bodybuilding is there flight paid for, a room (with no cooking facilities, and no microwaves) plus a $50 buck meal allowance, and 1 ticket to the event. If the athlete chooses to stay at a hotel other than the one given to them (because of cooking requirements) no transport will be offered to them to get to and from the event.

The judging is not independently monitored. The challenge round is a joke and takes away the anticipation of the top 5 plus the money offered in this round should be used to pay for athletes lower down the placeings or should have been put to the Women's Olympia , which has been demoted to having their show held in the EXPO hall! These issues are just some of the problems facing the Olympia, and are issues shared by allot of the competitors, its just that lee is a man of his word , so hes out, but not done by any amounts, trust me

Comment

Yeah, I had heard that and I respect his decision. He and other athletes (Dexter, most notably) have expressed a lot of dissatisfaction. If it wasn't the Olympia, there's no way they'd get away with what they do.

Comment

gunter said that he's gonna beat ronnie this year coming in at around 300lbs.

Originally posted by Gunter Schlierkamp
        "This Mr. Olympia will be historic, because Ronnie Coleman is going to lose. I will beat him. A major change in bodybuilding will occur, and I welcome it."

"This year," says Gunter, "all of what was good in 2002 has returned, in even greater strength. For the fist time since 2002 I'm working again with Chad Nichols for my nutrition program, and Charles Glass is guiding my training. The results are phenomenal. On stage, I will probably weigh right at 300 pounds. about the same as in 2004, but everyone is already amazed at how much harder I am, even a week out from the show. My muscles are fuller and more solid, and their quality is deeper. All of my body parts have improved, most noticeably my back.

"In my training, I've added more cardio-up to two hours a day-and increased the intensity with lots of supersets and tri-sets. I go for it.

"I will beat Ronnie in several areas: symmetry, balance, proportions and an overall better look. I know I've made dramatic improvements, but other people have also mentioned them, and that's important for one's confidence, conviction and spirit. This year, with my life back to normal, the peace is evident in my physical appearance. It broadcasts the message: 'This is a champion.'

"Everybody used to speak with awe at how big and freaky Ronnie has been, but what you will see in me, above and beyond my superior physique qualities, is greater size and mass than he has, or has ever had. Not only will I outweigh him by 15 or 20 pounds, my muscularity will be cleaner and crisper. Now, who is the freaky monster? You had a great run Ronnie. But it's over."

Comment

^ :laughnew: What a joke--I hope he was joking!

Comment

Gunter usually hovers just shy of 300 anyway. He'd have to be over 300 to beat ronnie. Seems the olympia is getting greedy and pulling the same shit the ufc is. Ironic how they'll be there too. Trying to make monopoly's. Unfortunately only a few competitors will rebel. Kind of hard for a bb to rebel against something like the olympia with nothing else out there except the arnold to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
            X