Frank Zane beating Arnold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Zane beating Arnold

Taken from the November 2011 issue of Muscle & Fitness...

"Arnold knew how to diet but didn't always have the resolve to do it. That was his downfall. I was eating breakfast with him at Denny's one time, and he said, 'Frank, it doesn't matter what you eat, as long as you eat a lot of it.' And then he had a whole bunch of hash browns, eggs, pankcakes, and toast. When I beat him, he look like a smooth, white whale."

Pic 2 Arnie takes the "standing front relaxed" to a whole new level.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
      Pic 2 Arnie takes the "standing front relaxed" to a whole new level.
      he reading a magazine there? lmao

Comment

You would look at him top and day he didn't have the best genetics

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible View Post
          You would look at him top and day he didn't have the best genetics
          huh? top and day? who didnt have the best genetics? Zane or Arnold?

Comment

Say not day, arnold don't look to have the best genetics at the top

Comment

let me make it clear for others. Mr I was saying, "Judging by the picture at the top, he didnt have the best genetics".

i dont know, just doesnt look like he knew much about diet or training delts. lol

Comment

Wonder why most of them back in the day had smooth looking legs?

Funny how you can go to most local BB show's and see much better physiques then the pic above.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post

Funny how you can go to most local BB show's and see much better physiques then the pic above.
                  i just think there diet was not even close to what we do now. zane and the black guy were the only 2 that looked like anything.

zane took it to far and got to skinny though. judging by that pic he could have been much bigger then he turned out.

Comment

Hold on here those aren't the best pics of that genre. Eddie robinson had great condition and as did arnold in pumping iron. Not like dorian yates though.

Comment

Those pics are well before pumping iron.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77 View Post

We were just chatting about this a couple weeks back. A buddy who has a poster of Arnold posing with some motivational word underneath. I looked up and asked if he thought that physique (prob 1975 or 1980, not the late 60's as above) would win a local show and he thought so.

Legs were smaller and smoother bc (most) pics in the encyclopedia training legs/pumping iron never went over 3 wheels deep when squatting. These days guys use 4/5/6+ plates for reps.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                          let me make it clear for others. Mr I was saying, "Judging by the picture at the top, he didnt have the best genetics".

i dont know, just doesnt look like he knew much about diet or training delts. lol
                          Had to read that a couple times lol

Man I'd take those genetics over mine any day of the week. Not saying the pic looked good by todays standards, but considering the resources he had prior to that show (surely before 1970) I'd def take those genes...just sayin

Comment

Frank Zane was a freak I still think he was better than Arnold. Arnold was a monster but Zane just looked perfect everything was amazing.

Dont get me wrong I'd do anything for Arnolds genetics but id kill my mother for Zane's body.

Comment

^Zane is one of my favorites as well. It's all about symmetry. Damn, he looked perfect!

Comment

Working...
                              X