Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Gut" in modern bodybuilding must go.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Gut" in modern bodybuilding must go.

You show up on stage looking like this and you should be kicked off the stage.

This is the look that we need to go back too. And don't talk to me about how big guys need bigger guts to support the mass, kill yourself if that is your argument.

:clapback: :clapback: :clapback:

Single most significant difference between the golden age and now, IMO.

The hell is going on with the shirt tugging in the 2nd photo.. lmao...

Comment

let hope phil stays here and doesnt feel the need to up the calories by 5000 and increase the slin and HGH 3 times his current dose.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrumhalf View Post
        :clapback: :clapback: :clapback:

The hell is going on with the shirt tugging in the 2nd photo.. lmao...
        Cmon bro haven't you ever hit back or chest and get such a pump that you couldn't reach up and over to pull the shirt off. In this case Jean Pierre Fux is pulling it over his belly.

Disturbingly to my surprise backstage at a recent pro show, this is a common trend amongst these guys. There are a few that keep the waist tight but it's almost like it's necessary to get that big. No? I wouldn't know I've always had a wasp waist, then again I'm no mass monster.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
          it's almost like it's necessary to get that big. No?
          bro look at some of those pics above, the gut is the biggest think on them by far. they think they have to do megadoses and mega calories, the only thing getting bigger is the gut.

look at Craig Titus, guy looked amazing as an amatuer. turned pro and 5 years later the only thing that had gotten bigger was the gut.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
            bro look at some of those pics above, the gut is the biggest think on them by far. they think they have to do megadoses and mega calories, the only thing getting bigger is the gut.

look at Craig Titus, guy looked amazing as an amatuer. turned pro and 5 years later the only thing that had gotten bigger was the gut.
            1996 looked his best "supposedly" off only 6iu of the good G along with all the others.

Agree he looked like he swallowed a pumpkin after turning pro. Same with the dudes above. It's gross man. The sad thing, the pro show I just saw was 212's and 3/4 of THEM looked like they had the pumpkin thing under the abs.

Comment

Needs to be a balance between guys like Surge in the gif image in my first post and today mass monsters. Phil Heath does a pretty good job at it. You can't tell me he is doing the same thing as say someone like Fux with that massive gut.

Comment

Heavy training is responsible, heavy weights eventually equals wider waist

Comment

What? Like my boy...

Comment

2011 Phoenix Ed Nunn - YouTube

No swallowing pumpkins for Ed

Comment

What helps? Belt at all times. If a guy is growing too fast the stomach will grow with the food and like incredible said heavier weights which push out the stomach too so keeping a belt on even when training arms helps keep it in. I'm sure the excessive slin and GH don't help either.

The absolute epitomy of guts is when the belly button is pushing so far outward it looks like a grape or even 1/4 hot dog protruding out and every time I see that (hernia) on a guy I get this weird phobia that it is going to burst out everywhere spewing onto the front row of fans. Eww.

Comment

Nunn looks great

Comment

King big gut

Comment

yea see that is what i am saying. its not a matter of "to get that big you need the gut". there are many guys without the gut that are bigger then king. i have a feeling king said to himself, i am going to do a ton of drugs and eat a ton and it backfired.

Comment

Sure at times Ruhl has had a gut but if I had to choose between the extremes I'd go Ruhl all the way (maybe for a few weeks at least lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X