Richard Jones--King of aesthetics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Jones--King of aesthetics

Richard Jones won the NPC California in either 99 or 2000 I think. Then he won the USA in 03. In 04 he took 3rd in the Night of Champions, qualifying him for the Olympia during his rookie season. After placing 18th in the Olympia, Richard went back to college to earn his degree. He didn't want to alter his physique to what the judges wanted. He made a comeback in 09' at the Pittsburgh pro placing 9th. It's a shame because this would be along the lines of an ideal physique IMO (if he was 5" taller ;)

Nice. Back is insane.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post
      After placing 18th in the Olympia, Richard went back to college to earn his degree. He didn't want to alter his physique to what the judges wanted.
      one of the few smart pro's. fuck what the judges want, bunch of fat fucken old men that have never lifted a weight in their life.

Comment

Originally posted by GrowthMan View Post

dont look human, insane

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
          dont look human, insane
          Back in business with the planning skills of an architect and the expertise of a contractor, Richard "Magic" Jones has designed and built a world-class back

RELATED ARTICLE: MY BACK WORKOUT

1) WIDE-GRIP CHINUPS

"Every bodybuilder with a great back since day one has done these. I start from a dead hang and come all the way up until my chest touches the bar. At the top, I make sure to squeeze, and I imagine that I'm onstage hitting a rear double-biceps shot. If I can't complete all of my reps, I have a spotter push on my feet to get me through it."

2) DEADLIFTS

"I love deadlifts. In fact, I love deadlifts so much that I do them twice during my back workout. I usually do them after pullups, then I do my rowing movements and finish up with more deadlifts. When I do them for my back, I insert safety pins in the power rack at a point just below my knee height. By doing a partial movement, I concentrate on the lumbar region and keep my glutes and hams from assisting.

"During the last two weeks before a show, I superset deadlifts with hyperextensions, which is a great way to work extra detail into the lower back. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone but advanced bodybuilders."

3) BENT BARBELL ROWS

"I alternate between an underhand and overhand grip when I do this exercise, but typically, I find that I can generate more power overhand. Rows are a great mass-building movement, so I like to go as heavy as possible, but never at the expense of good form. By staying strict, I can really isolate the lats. Sometimes, I perform T-bar rows instead, which I feel a little higher up and more toward the middle of my back."

4) SEATED CABLE ROWS

"These are great for stretching the lats, and I attribute the development of my lower lats to them. I always admired the development of Arnold's lower lats--the way they seemed to come from his waist--so I experimented with different exercises to see which ones I felt most in the lower part of my lats. By arching my back and squeezing at the top of the movement, I found that I can isolate my lower lats and etch in more detail."

5) DUMBBELL ROWS

"I either kneel on a bench or lean with one hand on a dumbbell rack. I start with the dumbbell hanging just off the floor and then I bring it straight up as high as I can without throwing or swinging it up. I feel these throughout my lats and really like the stretch I get at the bottom of the movement."

--Richard Jones

Comment

He won the California in 97' my bad.

Comment

would like to see his true diet and drug scheme

Comment

Richard Jones won the California at 22 years old. He even has braces on lol.

Bodybuilder Richard Jones Age 22 - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER View Post
                  dont look human, insane
                  Richard Jones Comback 2 - YouTube

Comment

Shawn ray look about him

Comment

insanity. Guy looks phenomenal.

Comment

new goal fuck arnold

Comment