Ever seen these?

#2 yes

#1 no

Comment

Notice the lightweight db's...

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
        ? Those are old school 45's to my eyes. For front raises that's not light IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by rado View Post
          Probably running down the rack? I doubt he did straight sets of only 25lb db's for front lateral raises, i do more that that.lol

Comment

On the pics, never saw #1 but pretty sure #2 is in his bb encyclopedia that i have...if not its a pic just like it

Comment

pretty sure those arent 25's guys. modern db's look smaller because the materials used but back then it was just pure iron. pretty sure each one of the plates on those DB's is 10lb. pretty sure they are 45's.

Comment

my point was basically how most bbrs use LW db's. All about that pump.

But 45lb db's front raises, yea I can do those as well, but no need to be so heavy.

Comment

And honestly, I miss those types of db's. These days the db's are so modern and at times, awkward to use. When I work out with cast iron db's or ones that don't have rubber endings, far better to use IMO. those fucking rubber ones bounce off each other if you "cling" them lol

Comment

agree 100%. new ones are ackward when your going heavy because they are so thick. modern day 100lb db's are at least 3 times the thickness of the old school ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                      agree 100%. new ones are ackward when your going heavy because they are so thick. modern day 100lb db's are at least 3 times the thickness of the old school ones.
                      :agreed:so true! I'll take a pic of the new ones I have at lifetime. Another thing I miss are those cast iron ivanko plates.

Comment

i admit that i do like the modern plates better then the old ones. the handles on the modern ones are convenient.

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                          i admit that i do like the modern plates better then the old ones. the handles on the modern ones are convenient.
                          And they don't hurt as much when you smash your fingers in between another plate:woot:

Comment

yes seen the 2nd. Hey check this one out if you hvent seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJPRj19OU-w

Comment

:D

Comment

Working...
                              X