No announcement yet.

Sergio Oliva Jr Is Not His Father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sergio oliva was a mental mindset on another level.

He sought to emulate nobody.

Everything was so new back then. This was a man trying to survive, he tried to survive poverty by weightlifting for Cuba after castro took over when his and his family background were batista supporters.

He then fled ran from Cuba while competing in Jamaica.

This was his mindset, not only creative but also desperate.

Comment

Day before the show he'll take tons of diuretics and get flat as a pancake during the show.

Comment

According to this newer interview Sergio wants to bring back old school bodybuilding, including small waist, aesthetics, and old posing. He tells Bob Cicherillo he's taking a longer slower approach to putting on muscle so he doesn't ruin his body. Sounds like stuff we've all been saying we want to see.
        https://youtu.be/0jrnld1v23c

Comment

lol bob always looks like hes taking about 500mgs of dbol per day.

Comment

Lmao yeah

Comment

We will see what Sergio jr is made of this weekend. He's been doing a lot of interviews talking about bringing his best and taking his time. If he bombs I think that might be it in terms of the stage.

Comment

I suppose. He has shown improvement each time he's gone up there and he's young so I think it'll be a while before we see his peak. Still not his father though. Big shoes to fill.

Comment

New Sergio Interview with Shawn Ray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giG4603yx_4

Comment

Good interview. I didn't realize he was so broke he only bought a one way ticket to NY and has been walking to the gym everyday. I hope he places well for his sake.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckz28 View Post
                      Good interview. I didn't realize he was so broke he only bought a one way ticket to NY and has been walking to the gym everyday. I hope he places well for his sake.
                      Problem is he lives in Venice. Shits expensive as fuck. All the pros have moved away from there. But yea you'd think his name and his physique could make him some money. Instead we got guys like Jason blaha and Genova making money in the "bodybuilding world" lmao

His wife is also stuck in Australia on visa issues.

Comment

Didn't realize he had issues with his dad. He wouldn't even let him join a gym lol. Guess his dad knew how dirty and fucked the bodybuilding world is. Lol

Comment

Damn he blows his sister up in that interview. He has some anger towards his dad and sis for sure.

Comment

i like him more after listening to that interview. i hope he does well.

Comment

I would hate my dad too if he kept me away from the gym or something that I'm passionate...most kids at a young age would feel the same..

I giggled when he blasted his sister.....

Man I understand that bodybuilding is something serious for them as far as getting on stage and all that, but wouldn't you at least get some type a part time job and save a lil for your rent? Dude said he literally broke

Face resembles phil heaths

Good interview nevertheless

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bouncer View Post
                                Problem is he lives in Venice. Shits expensive as fuck. All the pros have moved away from there. But yea you'd think his name and his physique could make him some money. Instead we got guys like Jason blaha and Genova making money in the "bodybuilding world" lmao

His wife is also stuck in Australia on visa issues.
                                The gyms I go to are called Venice Beach.. I feel his pain

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X