A Reminder Of How Great Flex Wheeler Was in 1999

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Reminder Of How Great Flex Wheeler Was in 1999

He may have paid for this in later years with his health as we all know. But you have to admit this may be the single best look of any human on a bodybuilding stage in history... To think this body never won a single Mr. O title is just a tragedy.

He made a dent in the universe, nobody ever achieved better in my opinion, different and in some ways equal, but not better.

This also reminds me of the Goldman study; the Goldman dilemma, is a question that was posed to elite athletes by physician, osteopath and publicist Robert M. Goldman, asking whether they would take a drug that would guarantee them overwhelming success in sport, but cause them to die after five years. In his research, as in previous research by Mirkin, approximately half the athletes responded that they would take the drug,[1] but modern research by James Connor and co-workers has yielded much lower numbers, with athletes having levels of acceptance of the dilemma that were similar to the general population of Australia.[

Comment

Originally posted by Mr I View Post
      He made a dent in the universe, nobody ever achieved better in my opinion, different and in some ways equal, but not better.

This also reminds me of the Goldman study; the Goldman dilemma, is a question that was posed to elite athletes by physician, osteopath and publicist Robert M. Goldman, asking whether they would take a drug that would guarantee them overwhelming success in sport, but cause them to die after five years. In his research, as in previous research by Mirkin, approximately half the athletes responded that they would take the drug,[1] but modern research by James Connor and co-workers has yielded much lower numbers, with athletes having levels of acceptance of the dilemma that were similar to the general population of Australia.[
      i have my doubts about half the athletes saying yes. whats the point of success if you have to die for it in 5 years? you sure the actual question wasn't "this drug will give you great success but will trim 5 years off your lifespan? so if you were going to live until 80 you will now die at 75. that makes more sense to me. that's a very different thing from "dead in 5 years". i don't really believe many people would say yes to death in 5 years.

Comment

I've always heard it as "5 years off your lifespan."

Comment

Working...
        X