X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Meadows IFBB Pro and Coach Dies Age 49

Sad day. RIP.

John Meadows, Renowned Bodybuilder And Coach, Reportedly Dies At 49

It has been reported that John Meadows has died at 49 years old. He passed away in his sleep on Sunday, August 8th, 2021. At the time of this writing, the exact cause of death has not been revealed. John Meadows is a former IFBB Pro bodybuilder and well known coach. Most recently, he trained IFBB pro bodybuilder Shaun Clarida leading up to his 2020 Men’s 212 Olympia win.

The news has been reported to Generation Iron by multiple close sources- but there has been no official announcement made by his family or on John Meadows official social media pages or website at this time.

John Meadows is a bodybuilder who, during his early days in the sport, suffered from a rare colon disease that nearly killed him. Eventually his colon burst and he was rushed to the hospital. Luckily he survived and after months of recovery he returned to bodybuilding to do what he loved. He earned his IFBB Pro card despite these major health setbacks.

His past health conditions gave him a different perspective on bodybuilding and life. His aim became to continually put a focus on his health in a way many people don’t. After retiring from competitive bodybuilding – he continued as a nutritionist and coach. He’s guided many bodybuilders through their pro careers. Most notably, he recently coach Shaun Clarida in 2020 – when he won the Men’s 212 Olympia.

On May 11, 2020, John Meadows suffered from a heart attack due to a clotting disorder in his blood vessels. He was hospitalized but quickly brought back to a stable condition. The news was first announced by his wife, Mary Meadows.

John credits his wife as his biggest influence in life. She was with him through “ups” and “downs,” always supporting his decisions in life. “I couldn’t have done it without her,” John Meadows states of his wife. “When I was sick and got out of the hospital and I was too weak to look after myself, she did everything for me, including sanitary things I can’t talk about.”

------------------------
    “IF I SAY I WANT TO DO SOMETHING, WE’LL TALK ABOUT IT, MAKE SURE IT’S WORKABLE AND THEN SHE GETS BEHIND ME AND SUPPORTS THE IDEA AND ME ALL THE WAY. AND WHEN I’M HURTING THE LAST THREE OR FOUR WEEKS OF MY DIET, SHE SEES THE LOOK ON MY FACE AND SAYS, ‘JUST HANG IN THERE, IT’S GOING TO BE WORTH IT.’ AND I NEED TO HEAR THAT AT THAT STAGE.”

Sad to hear. But damn. Guy has a heart attack a few months ago and doesn't drop the gear.

Comment

I watched Meadows other video after his heart attack and I recall him saying that he would only be on trt from that point forward. I’ll try and find the video so sad he had two kids and a wife.

Comment

This one hurt.......bad..... I so think he was only on TRT since his first heart attack/blockage, however it was labeled. Probably one of if not THE most genuine great human beings I've ever seen.

Comment

Working...
        X