Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what does everyone do for their last week prep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what does everyone do for their last week prep?

This past contest I tried "Shitloading" and I like the concept, just have to get the timing right.

Basically just flushing your body with water and sodium for a few days to lower Aldosterone levels and help the release of sodium and water and then when you stop it, you stop it all together so the body doesn't have time to react and it just keeps flushing. Also, depleting your body for a few days so that the muscles are fairly depleted. Then the night before the show or the morning of you start eating a bunch of "shit" food (high in sodium, high in carbs, high in fats) you name it, you eat it. All this "shit" food is going to go to the place that needs it the most, hence, the depleted muscles. And since you should already have your water under control, eating these foods should not make you "spill over" or look watery. You have to watch your physique closely though because you may need to add very little amounts of water to allow it to be sent to the muscles.

Granted after a certain amount of time your condition is going to start to fall off but it will be a while. That's why it's good to practice this and see when you look your best and when you start to fall off. Well, that's the basics of shitloading that I have read and it worked okay for me, I just think I was too depleted because I was tighter and fuller the monday afternoon and I shitloaded friday night and sat morning, also sat during the day and sat night....went back to my contest diet on sunday and monday and then monday evening I was fuller and harder. It's all about timing and finding out what works for you I guess. Also, if you try this, don't go over board on the first meal. I told myself the same thing but I ended up eating too much my first meal and couldnt eat again for a while.

From what I gathered reading the rule of thumb is :
    calories per meal = 6xlbs. of BW every 2-2.5 hours for 4-5 meals stopping at about 2 hours out so your stomach is not distended. I'd also suggest staying away from dairy and foods that bloat you easily.

There's tons of ways to do the last week, this is just one that I used recently and liked, just have to get the timing right.

So back to the title of the thread, what do you do for your last week of contest prep?

Bump - I would like to talk about this with you bro.

I cut water gradually but didn't like the effects. Did you cut it sharply? I tried cutting water sharply to see how I would react a few weeks out and had great results.

Unfortunately, I ended up working with someone who didn't like the idea. I didn't want to go against what they were saying because they helped with a ton of other things that I would have been lost without.

As for "shitloading" I don't have much experiene with it but I would love to hear some more of your experiences - like what you ate and when etc. I ate a steak and sweet potato for dinner right after weigh-ins and a rice cake with some pb before bed (to get my bowels back on track - p.s. saltiest tasting damn thing ever after cutting sodium for so long). I had eggs and shredded wheat for breakfast and either rice cakes or shredded wheat the rest of the day. I honestly didn't feel like I responded very well to this method so I would like to try something else next time.

Comment

Drank an alotted amount of water each and every hour while I was awake and then when I cut water I cut it out all together.

Rationale being that you are getting your body to constantly output the water because you're constantly drowning it with water......That way when you stop drinking water all together your body is still flushing it out and by the time it realizes no more is coming in.....it's too late cuz you're already dry as hell....

The shitloading thing I'm going to have to get back to you....I have to find the emails I kept from Skip LaCour, he helped me with the shitloading part. I'll look for it when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
        Drank an alotted amount of water each and every hour while I was awake and then when I cut water I cut it out all together.

Rationale being that you are getting your body to constantly output the water because you're constantly drowning it with water......That way when you stop drinking water all together your body is still flushing it out and by the time it realizes no more is coming in.....it's too late cuz you're already dry as hell....

The shitloading thing I'm going to have to get back to you....I have to find the emails I kept from Skip LaCour, he helped me with the shitloading part. I'll look for it when I get home.
        Could you detail the water thing too bro?

I was up to 3 gallons a day for days 14 down to 7 days out. Then on Sunday I was cut to 1 gallon (128oz), Monday 3/4 gallon (96oz), Tuesday 1/2 gallon (64oz), Wednesday 1/4 gallon (32oz), Thursady 1/8 gallon (16oz), Friday 1/16 gallon (8oz) and Saturday was VERY FEW sips as needed (I would say less than 8oz).

Comment

Ok bro, I can't find the damn emails from Skip so I don't remember exactly how the food thing went but I have a pretty good outline in this thread, if you have specific questions as far as shitloading I can help to he best of my knowledge.

Now as far as water goes.

I believe I started on tuesday. I think 32oz. of water EVERY hour while I was awake. And then stop all water at no later than 5 P.M. the day before the show.

It sounds great getting to eat all of that "shit" food but guess what......eating all of it without water IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, but it does work. You just need to practice to see when your condition is at peak and when it starts to fall off.

Comment

preparation H last couple nights on all trouble areas -- legs, lower abs. Also, 4 hours before prejudging, more prep H, to pull out more sub-Q water

Comment

How did you feel cutting the water at 5 worked for you? Did you dry out enough by 9-10 the next morning? That just seems awfully late to me but I would like to hear what your experience with it was.

As for the eating without water, I feel ya bro. The other thing that sucks too is when you eat anything the least bit salty and it tastes like you're licking a salt block :P...

Last but not least, how did the water affect you trying to make weigh-ins? I cut mine pretty close and if I remember right you had to do the same thing last time....

Ok bro, I can't find the damn emails from Skip so I don't remember exactly how the food thing went but I have a pretty good outline in this thread, if you have specific questions as far as shitloading I can help to he best of my knowledge.

Now as far as water goes.

I believe I started on tuesday. I think 32oz. of water EVERY hour while I was awake. And then stop all water at no later than 5 P.M. the day before the show.

It sounds great getting to eat all of that "shit" food but guess what......eating all of it without water IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE, but it does work. You just need to practice to see when your condition is at peak and when it starts to fall off.

Comment

Well I actually had to cut water at about noon (which I don't suggest) to make my weight. If not for that I would've cut it at about 4 or 5 in the afternoon and I think I still would've been pretty dry. I did use a few diuretics though too so I'm sure that was a factor as well.

The whole key is to make sure for those 3-4 days prior that you are getting the alloted amount of water EVERY hour. You'll definitely start to notice on day 2 or 3 that you'll be pissing every 20 minutes and when you stop the water intake all together you just continue having to go to the bathroom EXCEPT your not drinking any more water and hence your body is discarding all the water it has without it realizing you're not replenishing it anymore.

Comment

Well I actually had to cut water at about noon (which I don't suggest) to make my weight. If not for that I would've cut it at about 4 or 5 in the afternoon and I think I still would've been pretty dry. I did use a few diuretics though too so I'm sure that was a factor as well.

The whole key is to make sure for those 3-4 days prior that you are getting the alloted amount of water EVERY hour. You'll definitely start to notice on day 2 or 3 that you'll be pissing every 20 minutes and when you stop the water intake all together you just continue having to go to the bathroom EXCEPT your not drinking any more water and hence your body is discarding all the water it has without it realizing you're not replenishing it anymore.
                  Cool - thanks for the help bro. I have read about this approach a good number of times but I never really got any good numbers to go by. I am figuring that if you kept normal waking hours that this came out to be about 4 gallons...

What were the drawbacks to cutting the water at noon....

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                    Cool - thanks for the help bro. I have read about this approach a good number of times but I never really got any good numbers to go by. I am figuring that if you kept normal waking hours that this came out to be about 4 gallons...

What were the drawbacks to cutting the water at noon....

Going that long without water SUCKS.

Comment

Last week for me looks something like this: (if show is on Saturday)

Stop tanning

Stop lifting

I pose every day for 30-45 minutes. Only taking a couple 1-2 minute breaks.

Water:
                      Monday- I increase my water intake to 3 gallons
                      Tuesday- 3 gallons
                      Wednesday- 2.5 gallons
                      Thursday- .5 gallon
                      Friday- sipping
                      Saturday- sipping

I cut all sodium out starting Monday. I really don’t “shitload”. I have always been scared that I would come in looking soft. Friday night I will eat a nice steak, white potato, and 2 slices of bread with some butter. I’ll salt the food but I don’t go overboard on it. Day of the show I’ll eat some white rice with chicken for my meals. And I sip on honey water throughout the day.

I always wondered how I would look if I did carb load heavy the night before but I never had the balls to try it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
                        I never had the balls to try it.

Try getting ready a little early for your show and do a practice run. I think you'll like it bro. The theory behind it is pretty solid and makes lots of sense.

Comment

I like where this thread has gone - anyone else?

Comment

I have never tried shitloading but i would like to. I would just give it a sample run a few weeks out and see how it goes.

My last show, i actually screwed up the carbs the last 3 days as i basically measured them wrong...duh. So i ended up spilling over a little bit.

But my last weeks looks like this:

Regular posing daily
                            R-ALA 200mg 20 minutes before each carb meal
                            Protan applied once day/eod based on tan

Sodium and Water

10 days out I sodium load for six days.

Diuretics(Have not used but will next show)
                            WEDNESDAY: Aldactone 50mg BID
                            THURSDAY: Aldactone 50mg 8AM / Aldactone 25mg 8PM / Aldactizide 25mg 8PM
                            FRIDAY: Aldactone 25mg 8AM / Aldactizide 25mg 8AM / Aldactone 25mg 8PM / Aldactizide 25mg 8PM
                            SATURDAY: Aldactone 25mg 8AM / Aldactizide 25mg 8AM / Aldactizide 25mg 3pm

Tuesday 2.5 gallons of distilled water
                            Wednesday 2 gallons
                            Thursday 1.5 gallons
                            Friday morning to about 2pm 1.5 gallons

Carb Load

Saturday and Sunday I carb depleted, and started the carb loading phase on Monday. Mon-Thur carbs are all sweet potatoes.

MONDAY: 150 grams
                            TUESDAY: 150 grams
                            WEDNESDAY: 250 grams
                            THURSDAY: 400 grams

FRIDAY
                            white potato every 2 hours

SATURDAY
                            The classic meal is 3 pancakes, syrup and eggs. Still no water.
                            Between breakfast and pre-judging peanutbutter and honey spread over rice cakes.
                            After this, i basically ate anything backstage from
                            candy and bananas to pizza.

Prestage Warmup

20lb dbs 15 slow reps of lateral shoulder raises, curls and kick-backs. About 8 standing lunges on each leg.

Comment

Try getting ready a little early for your show and do a practice run. I think you'll like it bro. The theory behind it is pretty solid and makes lots of sense.
                              I'll have to give it a run.

Comment

Working...
                              X