competition tan question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• competition tan question

i've always just used 3 or 4 coats of protan for my tan and then Pam cooking spray for the shine. i was talking to a buddy of mine that competes and he the last 2 shows that he did he used 2 coats of protan on friday and then sat morning before the prejudging he used Dreamtan over that and said he like the color he had better than in the past when he just used protan the way i do. what you do all think gives you the best bronze look without making you so dark that it hides the tie-ins?
    thanx...

Protan:
    2 coats wednesday
    2 coats thursday
    2 coats friday

Dreamtan:
    1 coat dream tan saturday before pre-judging (I think formula #2)

Comment

that sounds pretty good, i think i'm gonna do it like that this time

Comment

Doesn't the pam cause too much of a shiny look? I never liked the look that the oil/pam gave. I always sprayed on hot stuff about 20 minutes before I went on stage. That always worked very well for me.

Comment

where a good cheap place to get Dream Tan? i usually get most of my supps and tanning stuff from DPS but they have been sold out of Dream Tan for a while now and i wanted to go ahead and get it...
          thanks

Comment

Be careful with the Dream Tan. It will streak under the lighting. I've tried the Dream Tan/Protan combo and just the Protan. The Protan worked much better, showed my cuts better, and didn't streak nearly as bad. My last show the judges said i had fantastic color and asked me what I used. Here was my schedule (Keep in mind these were very light and even coats):

Wed: 1 coat protan
            Thurs: Light shower, 1 coat protan
            Friday: Light shower, 1 coat protan in morning, 1 coat evening
            Saturday: Very light shower, 1 coat protan early, then 1 coat an hour later.
            Backstage: Hotstuff, then very thick coat of Pam. Pat it off with a towell, then touch up with Pam as needed.

My brother David Dearth has been a Pro for a long time and has taught me this routine and it's a winner.

Comment

it all depends on your colour, the impression I get is that it's a trial-and-error thing...I've heard a lot of people advise against Dream Tan, as sometimes you can come out looking like one of the Academy Award statues

I've only used Pro-Tan

Comment

I just had a judge tell me to stay away from the dream tan for the exact reasons GY mentioned.

I do about 4 coats of ProTan. One of the best investments I've made as far as prep goes was buying and airbrush machine and running the ProTan through it. Works Perfectly! and only takes about 10 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet T
                  I just had a judge tell me to stay away from the dream tan for the exact reasons GY mentioned.

I do about 4 coats of ProTan. One of the best investments I've made as far as prep goes was buying and airbrush machine and running the ProTan through it. Works Perfectly! and only takes about 10 min.

What did the airbrush machine cost you? I like that idea?

Comment

my fiancée just said $250 or something, but I used to have an airbrush for painting model airplanes that I don't think was more than $50, I can't imagine it's a whole lot different.

What I did for her last show was take...forget what the tanner even was, but put on two latex gloves and apply it liberally and quickly, like skin lotion...you might need help for that, for your back and stuff

Comment

here you go Chadd: http://jantana.com/airacc.html

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees

Thanks for the link brother. I'd spend $75 on it if it worked well. I did a search on them and saw others for about $250. Wonder what the difference is? Anyone else use these before?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
                          Thanks for the link brother. I'd spend $75 on it if it worked well. I did a search on them and saw others for about $250. Wonder what the difference is? Anyone else use these before?

Chances are the $250. is a larger compressor. Just keep in mind...you do get what you pay for.

I have 3 airbrush systems for my business (I own a personal training studio and tanning salon)

1 system (which is a total piece of shit) cost me about $100.
                          The others are commercial grade systems which are extremely pricey but the same company puts out really nice, portable compressors that range from $250.-$500. And you can always find a used airbrush kit on Ebay (I would just look for the iwata name)

http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/airbrush/kits.html

http://search.ebay.com/iwata-airbrus...QQfkrZ1QQfnuZ1

Comment

Working...
                          X