• Show
Clear All

whats up with dugdale?

Comment

Originally posted by AZIS
      whats up with dugdale?
      WTH are you talking about???

Comment

I'm sure there will be a nice write up by someone else by the time I get back here tomorrow but if not I will give my two cents...

10th Place - Joel Stubbs

9th Place - Omar Deckard

8th Place - Ahmed Haidar

7th Place - Hidetada Yamagishi

6th Place - David Henry

5th Place - Marcus Haley

4th Place - Silvio Samuel Saviour

3rd Place - Eddie Ebbew

2nd Place - Mark Dugdale

1st Place - Toney Freeman

Comment

Freeman Wins The Ironman!

Written by John Romano
          Feb. 17, 2007: As predicted, Toney Freeman confidantly strode onstage and dominated the competition at the 2007 IFBB Ironman He convincingly swept the field of competitors on route to capturing his 2nd Pro win of his career. Following Freeman was Mark Dugdale in 2nd, Eddie Abbew in 3rd, Silvio Samuel in 4th, and Marcus Haley in 5th.

Mark Dougdale, with his classic shape and symmetry nailed the second spot away from the crowd favorite Silvio Samual. Dougdale continues to improve with each contest and his conditioning is always flawless. I'd like to see him add another 10-15 lbs of muscle on his upper body.

Eddy Abbew suprised everyone by snagging the 3rd spot in the lineup and his first Mr Olympia qualification in the process. If Eddie adds a little more mass to his lower quads, he'll be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

Silvio Samual, trained by Milos "The Mind" Sarcev was the most improved bodybuilder of the entire show. He's added over 15lbs of rock solid muscle since last season, and if he works on improving the separation in his quads, he'll be a dangerous Giant-Killer on the IFBB Pro scene. As it was, most of the fans in attendance thought Silvio deserved to be at least 2nd and his showmanship was rewarded when he received the show's BEST PRESENTATION AWARD and a check for $1500.

Marcus Haley snagged the 5th and final Olympia-qualifying spot. Marcus has a great physique with a huge frame. If he adds another 10;bs of muscle by Olympia time, he might surprise a few people the next time he steps on stage.

Comment

Congrats to the guys that took the top3 spots but I just have to point something out. These guys all worked hard and for that they deserve respect. With that said, what the hell has happened in the last few years? When I first opened up a flex mag when I started being interested in bodybuilding there were guys like, Flex Wheeler, Shawn Ray, Nasser, Paul Dillet, Tom Prince, Kevin Levrone, Chris Cormeir, Milos Sarcev, Mike Matarazzo, Jean Pierre Fux, and so on.. These guys were competing in all the shows, not just the O or the Arnold. Most of todays guys with the exception of Cutler, Coleman, and Jackson dont hold a candle compared to the guys listed above. On top of it all, take a look at the pics from the ironman from last night, half the guys have gyno. I have never heard of half the guys on that stage and last night and I would say that half dont deserve to be a pro. Pro Bodybuilding is going down hill fast. Dosent bother me though, I would rather this thing of ours to be underground. I would rather bodybuilding be looked at the same way it was looked at in Arnolds day..

Comment

As I was taking little notes on each competitor during the night show I counted 4 that had obvious gyno - WTF are they thinking...

I agree on letting it go back to the way it used to be perceived and I'm hoping that as time goes on the sport can build itself back up to the caliber that it was in the 70's and again in the 90's - I too first became enthralled with the sport in the days of LeVrone, Priest, Ray, Sonboty, Wheeler, and Yates etc....

Comment

Night Show - Top 5 Comparisons...

Sorry they took so long - been busy....

Comment

Working...
                X