What did I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What did I do???

Well y'all- I have just committed to doing another show...

After the whole baby saga, I've kind of been itching to do a show. Well, tonight- my time came... One of our friends is doing the Las Vegas Classic, November 11th. And for some reason I said iI'd do it.

I'm going to be competing in figure (something I said I'd never do)...not BBing. I don't want to have to get where I need to be to have a shot at BBing.

So, there you have it- August the diet starts, and my life ends! :( :thumbsdow

That is motivation for you! congrats! As much as I know you're not looking forward to the dieting there is something about training for a show. Can't really describe it. It puts you in the zone.

Can't wait to see some before and after shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
      That is motivation for you! congrats! As much as I know you're not looking forward to the dieting there is something about training for a show. Can't really describe it. It puts you in the zone.

Can't wait to see some before and after shots.
      Actually the dieting wasn't my biggest issue when I did my shows last time. It was more of the lack of social life that impacted me....

I'm looking forward to it as well. And I know what you mean about being in the "zone". Although it may suck for a few months, there are only very small percentage of people who can get their bodies in show shape. So, you want to be at the top of that small percentage.

I am sort of concerned with some problem areas that I have...but sonis seems to think they won't be an issue...

Comment

You'll do great, at least you have some time before your isolation starts lol. Good luck and keep us updated!

Comment

So how do you feel about this a week later? I know my wife is interested to see what you think of it all. She has really got into lifting during this off season and is loving how her body is shaping. She has never really lifted before. I know after she is done with basketball she has thought about getting into fitness or figure. What are your thoughts on the two?

Comment

Also, where is the best places to find out when comps are coming to an area. I would really like to take her to see a comp. Hell I haven't even been to one, so I would like to go to one that has both Mens and Womens.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
              Also, where is the best places to find out when comps are coming to an area. I would really like to take her to see a comp. Hell I haven't even been to one, so I would like to go to one that has both Mens and Womens.
              Here you go.
              http://www.npcnewsonline.com/new/contest.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                So how do you feel about this a week later? I know my wife is interested to see what you think of it all. She has really got into lifting during this off season and is loving how her body is shaping. She has never really lifted before. I know after she is done with basketball she has thought about getting into fitness or figure. What are your thoughts on the two?
                Not too bad. I'm still going to do it, I think. The only thing that bothers me is that it's in Vegas. I love Vegas and all, but that's just a really expensive show. I'll still do a show, just maybe not one in Vegas.

I'm still not too keen on the fact that I'll be doing figure. I just never thought I would do figure. It has come a long way, but I still can't get it out of my head that it's a glorified beauty pageant. But, the alternative is getting bigger, and I don't want to do that.

I always said I'd love to do fitness. But, there are fewer and fewer competitors each and every year on a regional level. Here are the reasons: 1) the routine takes A TON of practice, so it takes up a lot more time than figure, and 2) the fitness routine part is only 1/3 of your score; the 2 piece and 1 piece making up the other 2/3. So, as a competitor- there really is little benefit or incentive to do fitness. And then of course you always risk injury when practicing the routine.

So, there really is little difference in fitness and figure. A lot more women are obviously getting into figure. But, the way I am approaching it (because I want to win, of course) is that I need to look like how I was for my show. Now, the difference between figure and BBing is pretty vast. Only because in BBing, if you have a lacking bodypart it doesn't make a huge impact, because normally there is another one to balance it out. In figure, however, if you don't have rounded shoulders, a pretty tiny waist, and good waist/hip/shoulder ratio...oh yes- and a "Ge-dunk-e-dunk", then it can be tough. I don't have full rounded shoulders. They are just a different shape...and that makes me nervous.

Comment

awesome red

Comment

....Well, an update...

I'm not going to do the Las Vegas Classic. It's just too expensive of a show to do.

SO-

For the replacement show, I am doing figure, ( I think)

October 20- Red River Classic- Norman, OK

October 27- Continental Figure Classic- St. Charles, IL

I'm still sort of on the fence about doing figure....Sonis seems to think I've kept all of my muscle which almost makes me want to do BBIng again. I'm not going to get as heavy as I was last time if I do decide to go for BBing.

As for figure, I always said I'd never do it because it's like a glorified beauty pageant. But, there are a lot more competitors and it has come a long way in the past few years.

My fear is that I will have too much muscle for figure.... I dunno...I guess I'll just have to wait and see how my body turns out this time around.

I'd like to post up some of my photo shoot pics from my last show, and get everyone's input.. to be continued...

Comment

here goes...
                      Attached Files

Comment

...another
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

last one
                            Attached Files

Comment

Now, here's what I want to know... You know how many of the figure girls are pretty thin through the middle....

Well, as you can see, I'm obviously NOT. I have what you'd call a "De-dunk-edunk". Like the girl standing next to me would be what I have seen, a more desirable shape, right?? Am I just being retarded crazy here, or what? I mean, I have much more of a V shape from the back, but my hips & ass are just wider....Can anyone offer any insight as to how the judges view this??

Comment

Working...
                              X