Tanning Yourself...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tanning Yourself...

Has anyone else had to do this regularly? I've been using a 16" paint roller to get at my back but I was hoping someone else in my position could help me figure out another way - I don't seem to be missing anything - just a total pain in the ass...

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
    Has anyone else had to do this regularly? I've been using a 16" paint roller to get at my back but I was hoping someone else in my position could help me figure out another way - I don't seem to be missing anything - just a total pain in the ass...
    I always have someone with me so they can help me do my back, but there were couple of occasions I had to ask some of the competitors to help me with my back at the back stage. Thats the only place and the time you can ask some straight guy to help you put oil on your back or do a color touch up and he'll say sure bro give me the stuff. You'll never hear a gay joke because ther are al lin the same boat. :nerdnew:

Plus I was gonna ask you what brand of coloring do you use? because on your last show your color looked great.

Comment

I'm not talking about at the show bro - I don't have a problem asking someone backstage to spray my back with Pam etc and blot it with a towel - it's the 4 or 5 coats during the week I'm getting pissed about...

ProTan - although the head judge said I needed to be 1 or 2 shades darker (and while I may not agree he is the head judge at my next show so....)

Comment

Have you guys ever went to get a spray tan before putting on your protan? I'm going to give this a run to see how the color comes out. I get dark very easy being out in the sun. I usually only put on 3 coats (2 the night before and one the morning of the show) and my color always looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
          it's the 4 or 5 coats during the week I'm getting pissed about...
          Nope, can't help you with that. I keep asking who ever is around me(friends, family) to put a few coats on. But I am gonna try your paint roller method tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
            Have you guys ever went to get a spray tan before putting on your protan? I'm going to give this a run to see how the color comes out. I get dark very easy being out in the sun. I usually only put on 3 coats (2 the night before and one the morning of the show) and my color always looks good.
            Yep I tried before my show in last december. Color comes out great and very even head to toe, and costs about $75.00. When you do it feels kinda sticky after I was done girl who works there said in the morning take a shower wash off the sticky stuff and youl have a nice tan. Well DO NOT listen to her.
            When I took a shower all the color washed off and I looked like and averge person who went to the beach for a couple of days. I basically watched my $75.00 going down the drain literaly.

Comment

A lot of coats of pro tan during the week and then a coat or two of dream tan #2 the day off works great. I usually put the 1st coat of dream tan on at the house and the second coat at the show, but every show I have done there have been people back stage to put your tanning stuff on you if you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Lmg2701
                A lot of coats of pro tan during the week and then a coat or two of dream tan #2 the day off works great. I usually put the 1st coat of dream tan on at the house and the second coat at the show, but every show I have done there have been people back stage to put your tanning stuff on you if you need.
                I think you missed my point :P...

Comment

Working...
                X