My contest results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My contest results

I haven’t competed in 2 years last time I took 1s novice and 1st open but not over-all. Yesterday I took 1st and over-all novice. It was a tough novice class. There were 14 competitors. The other novice class wasn’t as strong. I knew if I took 1st I had over-all. The guy I beat in my class was pissed. He had about 15 pounds on me. He was a big boy and had a lot of mature muscle on him. He wouldn’t shake my hand afterwards. Didn’t bother me at all I just beat his ass. :D But I was hard as nails and cut to shreds (not being conceited). I’d rather lose that last 10 pound and be shredded then to hang on to the muscle and try and look fuller.

Then in the open class I took first place but did not take over-all open. I really thought I had a chance. The guy that beat me for over all is a very well known local who was using the show as a warm up for USA’s in Las Vegas. He was a beast but he was (I think) 6 weeks out from USA’s. He also received the most muscular award. I had tons of people tell me he had the extended gut with abs and wasn’t showing any leg or upper body cuts. He was just full. Oh well. Would have loved to beat the “big guy” at the show and take over-all.

Made some good contacts. Couple offers for some photo shoots. All I can think about right now is getting food in me. I ate so much already. So damn full but I keep shoving food in my mouth. :D Only got about 2 hours of sleep and I was back up eating.

Good job bro.

Comment

Kick ass brother - damn good job - are you gonna try and hang on to do another/more shows...

Btw - let us know "before" you are stepping on stage instead of surprising us afterwards - I still thought you had a week or two to go....

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
        Kick ass brother - damn good job - are you gonna try and hang on to do another/more shows...

Btw - let us know "before" you are stepping on stage instead of surprising us afterwards - I still thought you had a week or two to go....

Thanks bro. I think I may have posted somewhere I was a week out but I try and lay low! :) Even at the show I stay covered up until I have to start warming up. I hate when guys walk around the entire time with their shirts off like they are trying to prove something. Prove it up on stage. That's just me... :D

Not sure when the next show will be. Going through some other things in my life right now and I need to focus my time on that. Still going to train and eat like a champ but no shows for a while.

Comment

good job, i've seen your pics and have read your posts. i'm impressed and inspired

Comment

right on bro! congrats and what great success- my show is in 3 weeks --

send me some contest pics-- woiuld like to see

Comment

Congrats Chadd - that's great! :elephant:

Comment

Originally posted by vigil76
                right on bro! congrats and what great success- my show is in 3 weeks --

send me some contest pics-- woiuld like to see

Hoping I get some good pics back. I won't post any pics but maybe I'll send you one. Not trying to be a dick just like to keep "things" private.

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

Comment

Good job bro. Hard work has paid off for sure.

Comment

Great to hear. In FLorida, I have had several judges tell me that conditioning is more important than size. Especially in the heavy and super-heavyweight classes, as most of those guys think that they need to be huge over shredded.

Comment

Working...
                    X